Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Amusing names 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

addy

Technical User
May 18, 2001
GB
Not 100% sure if this post is relevant to this board but anyway, has anyone come across people with amusing names? Genuine cases only.

The reason I ask, I got an email from my friend yesterday who had to make a phone call to a Mr Hugh Deeney.

Now there's a guy who could get out of any situation.

I can't remember the last name, but when I worked at the local Land Titles office I once found a document where both the husband and wife had the same given names of Lois Kim, and had the same last name. None of the names are strange, but being married to someone with the identical name as you has to count.

Shenping said:
...being married to someone with the identical name as you has to count.
One of my co-workers is named Aaron Smith; his wife is Erin Smith; their son is Aaron Smith, Jr.; their daughter is Erin Smith. When the phone rings and the voice asks, "Is <choose any of their names> there?" the answer must always be "Yes."

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

My third grade teacher's maiden name was Sandy Castle. I don't know if she considered it an improvement when she married Sandy Sanders.

Back when I was a FedEx courier, my route included a medical building where Dr. Safety First and Dr. Candy Ting had adjacent offices. My first time down that hall I thought someone had just gotten cute in naming unoccupied offices. :)

- Rod

IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert pSeries and AIX 5L
CompTIA Linux+
CompTIA Security+

A Simple Code for Posting on the Web

My mother's psychology professor was Dr. May. He kindly named his daughter April.

[blue]Never listen to your customers. They were dumb enough to buy your product, so they have no credibility. - Dogbert[/blue]

I went to school with Michael Hunt and Dee Code.

In high school, we used to wonder if actor Hal March's, son Harold, Jr., married actress Tuesday Weld, would her name have become, Tuesday March the 2[sup]nd[/sup]. <Hehehe>

[santa]Mufasa

Hi,
Two more from my Childhood:
Brothers
Kenneth and William Raper

Apparently no one thought what
Kenny or Willie Raper would sound like...

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

My guess is that this is the worst surname ever for a young guy in school. I had some neighbours (well, they two houses down the street actually) who had the surname "Bater".

Few others, these are all real btw!,
Donald Duck (always known as Don)
Bo Ng
Mary Christmas - a friend of mom, still see her sometimes
Dick Bugg
John Bustard
Bob Soul (R.Soul)
Ken Surplus - he really did get made redundant one time
David Ostrich
Barbara Haber

In the Computer Science department of the university I went to, the offices of Dr Dyer and Dr Rear were next to each other. Much mirth for the students. I studied Mathematics, but a comp sci friend insisted of taking me to the comp sci building to show me this

[sub]~LFCfan[/sub]

ed2020 said:
Hazel Urine (at least she could change it when she married!)
Annette Curtain (honestly - this one's real :) )
Mr. Shitole

Ed Metcalfe.
what's so funny about Ed Metcalfe?

r937.com | rudy.ca

I went to college with a guy named Tony Tiger, and I knew 2 women named Candy Apple and Crystal Shandalier.

Sick, sick parents.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

Our Neighbor, first name Debbie, married a guy with last name Dallas. She says she enjoys the "conversation-piece" nature of her married name.

[santa]Mufasa

We used to have a neighbor who's name was Dearheart Begay. Poor man.

Sarah
-don't panic, I'm mostly harmless-

Got a friend called Ivy Ball who gets lots of sniggers when she goes to the opticians. They make an announcement for Mrs I. Ball and can't keep a straight face after that.

Our new account director is named Richard Head. Oh dear indeed.

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

During high school wrestling tournaments an announcer calls outs wrestler's names to go to the 'staging area' (basically a place we paced around until a mat opened up).

Well many times during high school I listened to some poor announcer trying not to upset the audience of a small, very conservative, community when s/he called Phuk Hong (I think I have it spelled correctly, he was in a different weight class) to the staging area.

Being high school, it always made us crack up ;p

Have a problem with my spelling or grammar? Please refer all complaints to my English teacher:
Ralphy "Me fail English? That's unpossible." Wiggum

The mum of a boy I was at school with was named Lynne Lynn.

I work with a Scott Walker and used to work with a Will Smith (not the famous people).

John

Out of my humble state of Texas there was a govenor Hogg. He named his daughter Ima. There's an urban legend that he had another daughter named Ura. I thought both were urban legends, but I checked it out. Ima Hogg was for real.

Sarah
-don't panic, I'm mostly harmless-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back