Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clever Company Names (Maybe too clever) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turkbear

Technical User
Mar 22, 2002
US
Hi,
Is there enough interest to start a thread on this topic?

To start, some of my favorites are:

Paddy O'Furniture (Outdoor furniture and accessories)

MesmerEyes ( Optical shop at Bellagio in Vegas )

Medium Well Done ( Graphic Design/Advertising firm)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

There used to be an art gallery near Gray's Inn Rd called "Gallery Singleton". Whether the owner was called Singleton or not I don't know.

I guess this won't mean much to the young'uns (god - how old do I sound!) or those who don't know the presenters of Blue Peter (including Valerie Singleton).

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Snippets & Info:
The Out Atheism Campaign

Hi,
Gosh, I always thought that was a STD [wink]

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Santa, so they have the ideal practice for anal retentive cases, whatever the cause may be for any given patient...
;-)

p5

Maaaaaaaaaaaany years ago when I was teen I had to get my hair cut at the UFO Hairport in Duncanville, TX. It was pretty spacey.

Cool Hand Luke said:
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself."

Saw this near Charleston, West Virginia: Not My Junque.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

There used to be a movie theatre in Metaire, Louisiana, called the Sena Mall (despite not being near any shopping mall, however, it was one block from Sena Drive:

If you've seen one, you've Sena Mall (seen 'em all).

-- Francis
Et cognoscetis veritatem, et veritas liberabit vos.

I'm still not certain if this is the name of the place or just a saying on a large sign in front of it: God Loves A Smiling Face. It's an orthodontist's office.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

EX-STINK - sewage and drainage company

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There's also the UCM Museum (pronounced you see 'em).

-- Francis
Et cognoscetis veritatem, et veritas liberabit vos.

I live in a city surrounded by farm land. There is a septic waste hauler named "The Pooper Scooper". Their trucks carry the motto: "You Dump, We Pump".

[off-topic]We always called septic waste haulers, Honey Wagons because "you always catch more flies with honey than vinegar."[/off-topic].

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

A friend calls his: "Harrington Information Management"

He liked the idea of the client saying, "This is screwed up. We need to call HIM. Does anyone have HIM's number?"

GS

[Green]******^*******
[small]I[/small] [small]Hate[/small] [♥] [small]Ambiguity.[/small][/green]

Ben,

That's for Him, not H.I.M. :)

GS

[Green]******^*******
[small]I[/small] [small]Hate[/small] [♥] [small]Ambiguity.[/small][/green]

A couple more:

InnuWindow - a window treatments store.

LaundroMutt - a dog-washing facility in Cambridge, MA

-LB

I also have a dog wash in my area. It's really a dog wash, a car wash, and a laundromat in one.

The name is U.R. Washin' Stuff

(a take-off of H.R. Puffinstuff).

[turkey]

House of Balscheit"
- Secondhand Furniture & Homewares (the expensive type) in St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back