Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Introducing new staff with appropriate names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyboytim

Programmer
Feb 18, 2003
GB
Our human resources policy is now to only recruit staff with appropriate names for the position they are about to fill, so without further ado:

I'd like to proudly introduce, from Shanghai, our new TCP/IP expert and Routing engineer, Mr Wan Lan Ping...

...and please give a warm welcome to my charming new PA from the Republic of Belarus, Miss Leila Ismailova...

Were they also shown round the air conditioning plant by one of the maintenance guys - i.e. a ducter?

When my friend, Brent Bishop, was called to be the ecclesiastical leader of local LDS congregation, he became Bishop Bishop.

And in the same vein, when I served as a missionary many years ago, one of my co-missionaries was Reed Elder, thus becoming Elder Elder.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
“People may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

New York City's former Fire Commissioner (and later Police Commissioner) was named Howard Safir. I used to chuckle, thinking the Fire Commisioner's last lame was pronounced SA-fire. Until I found out he pronounced it SAY-fer.

But that works too.

Zookeeper in charge of the primate exhibit: Jim Panzi.

-- Francis
In Deo nos confídimus.
Ceteris pariatur.

The Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales is Lord Judge.

It is time for pacifists to stand up and fight for their beliefs.

Expect some exciting algorithms from new chief programmer Cody Smailyff, ably supplied with hot stimulant drinks by by our tea lady Cathy Ean.
Taking on the roles of both copy editor and press officer will be Pru Frieder, and please welcome our new interdenominational chaplain from Hong Kong, Ho Lee Mann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back