Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity Plates II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsteph

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
Ok...to continue in a new thread...

PHEWISH

Anyone have ideas on this one?
I think it's "Pfff...You wish!"
It's probably on an expensive car...

--Jim

A former director of our choir had S A T B.
Soprano
Alto
Tenor
Bass

Nullum gratuitum prandium.
--Sleipinir214

LUCKY4U

Not for him. He was at City hall paying his speeding ticket.

Open mouth, insert foot time...

Over the weekend saw a little Lexus sports-something with PUTU2SLP. My mouth was open and speaking before I could stop it, and I asked the driver "that boring to drive huh?".

Hubby couldn't stop giggling.

A couple on the way home Friday and over the weekend.

THEGOOF (surrounded by lots of pictures of Goofy)
CNO EVO (see no evil?)
When I first saw that one, my brain read it as CNO EMO, which seemed a might bit more funny than CNO EVO to me.

Also saw one of the more favored plates I have ever seen:
GDZLLA
Oh yah.

~
Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

->CNO EVO

Was it it on a Mitsubishi Evolution?

I hadn't ever heard of this car until someone at work recently got one. He referred to it as an "Evo" (pronounced with a long E).

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

-> Was it it on a Mitsubishi Evolution?

Negative.

~
Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Well it should be!

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

Dollie's story reminded me of something a friend told me about. Technically, it's a bumper sticker story, but we don't (yet) have a bumper sticker thread.

This friend came to the U.S. from Ireland. He was driving along one day when he saw a car with a bumper sticker reading "Treat me like the queen that I am." He pulled up next to the car and flipped the lady off (one finger salute, not two for some reason). Her husband rolled down his window and started yelling asking this friend what his problem was. In his Irish accent he answered, "Where I come from, that's how we treat the Queen." The husband started laughing. The wife/driver was not amused.

No, "CNO EVO" should be on a Subaru WRX STI, the long time nemesis and arch enemy to the Mistubishi Evolution (EVO).

-> THKSAOL

Most likely "Thanks AOL". I had a neighboor who worked at the AOL call site locally and sold his AOL stock options at an opportune time and bought himself a dodge viper.

[small]Sometimes you gotta leave your zone of safety. You have to manufacture Inspirado. You gotta get out of the apartment. You've got to run with the wolves. You've got to dive into the ocean and fight with the sharks. Or just treat yourself to a delicious hot fudge sundae........ with nuts. - Jack Black[/small]

On a Ford Edsel:

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

MEOW (on a license plate frame with paw-prints). Must be a cat breeder.

Nullum gratuitum prandium.
--Sleipinir214

TH QUEEN - I saw this one on a Lexus SUV on the drive home yesterday. No conceit runs in her family...she's got it all!

<slightly off-topic rant>
I was behind a woman driving a 4-door sedan yesterday. In her rear window, she had one of those suction cup signs that read, "Baby on Board." Having an infant daughter myself, I smiled a bit. My smile quickly disappeared when I saw the driver toss a cigarette out of the car window. Now I don't know if her baby was in the car or not, but I really think she needs to put her child's health above her nasty habit (no offense to you smokers out there). Times like this make me wish I was a police officer. I would've pulled her over and wrote her a ticket for being stupid.
</slightly off-topic rant>

Sorry...I just had to get that off my chest.

Yesterday I saw HOT ME2

[hide]turned out to be an overweight sweaty guy - maybe it was his wife's car? :-([/hide]

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

On a BMW: 401K GUY

On my uncle's 1970 Chevy Impala: CRUZN 70

lisa...are you in Indianapolis? I saw the same plate back in early July (posted in the original vanity plates thread on 9 Jul 08 9:22). Now that I look at that post, there was no space in between the 401K and GUY on the plate I saw.

There's probably nothing to prevent the same vanity plate from two different states. I don't see why you couldn't have an 401K GUY from California and a 401K GUY from Indiana.

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read
FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back