Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity Plates II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsteph

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
Ok...to continue in a new thread...

PHEWISH

Anyone have ideas on this one?
I think it's "Pfff...You wish!"
It's probably on an expensive car...

--Jim

Turtle Praise the Lord???

I ran into a gentleman at the local convenience store, he had B HARP on the plates of his rimmed-out Cadillac STS, he was a young black male nattily dressed as if getting ready for a night out.

I asked "does that 'B' stand for "Blues"? to which he shook his head and said, "no, not blues..." and even though he smiled, he did not offer any further explanation. I felt it best to let sleeping dogs lie. Anybody have a clue?

Tony

Users helping Users...

B HARP could be his nickname, or shortened version of his name (maybe short for Brian Harper).

This morning on a car:
ANDREA2

One a Dodge Dakota truck:
OVERLND

~
Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

@rjou
[2thumbsup] Nice.
They did make some cars at one point that were meant to do just that. Didn't sell too many I don't think. At least I very rarely ever hear about them now.

Between last night and today:
GO MI
5NANA3

That last one I would almost think meant Banana. But the 3 seems out of place.

~

An FYI.... B harps are "bow harps", and are still used in blues and zydeco music (and maybe other stuff but I dunno).

Today I saw a brown junker with "GOLLUM" on the license plate. I'll give you all 3 guesses what the driver looked like, and the first two don't count.

NEST4U This was on a Lexus. Something to do with a nest egg, perhaps? Thoughts?
My French is rusty, but doesn't that mean "Not for you"?
--Jim

On the way in this morning:
SDN4JNR on a Chrysler Sebring sedan with tinted windows;

On the way home last night:
I8PONYS on a large-size SUV

On the way home it has been slow because of the construction.
Noticed these last night and I wrote them down because otherwise I would be lucky to remember one with as much as has been on my mind lately.

SAKITOY
AJSR
33ROCK
SKAWRS1
JUS4JAN
F1 FAN2
RENEA1

~

Opieo...I just hope you were keeping your eyes on the road while writing these down. I'd hate to be indirect cause of a fender bender.

I have seen a GMC Envoy in my neighborhood with a license plate that reads, ERGO SUM. After a quick search on Google, I see that it's part of a famous latin phrase, Cogito, Ergo Sum...I think, therefore I am. So this individual is saying, "Therefore I am." I wonder what he/she means by that...I drive an Envoy, therefore I am?

Maybe they mean, "Therefore I am.. "
"..at the gas pump."
[wink]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

@kjv
Nice

@rjou
I write them down during those periods where we are sitting there not moving on the freeway ..

Last nights new plate:
RACEWLK
Saw two of the others from the previous day again as well.

~

=>>RACEWLK

That's a pretty good one, ESPECIALLY funny that you see it sitting in stuck traffic. [ROFL2]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

I just saw a plate on a Grand Am GT that read, "DOGS GT." The car was parked at a Denny's restaurant, so I was not able to verify that the driver was, in fact, a dog.

Saw "BX5" on a BMW this morning.
I will leave it up the reader to guess which model of BMW it was.

~

Saw a great one this weekend

FLUPWDR

Flu powder = Floo Powder, the mystical powder used for travel between fireplaces in the Harry Potter series

Saw one this morning:

THKSAOL

I'm really curious about the story behind that one.

-> THKSAOL

The first thing that came to mind was "Thinks AOL".

Was there a bumper sticker to the right or the license plate that might have completed a sentence?

Maybe something like:
[tab]THKSAOL SUCKS
[tab]THKSAOL BLOWS
[tab]THKSAOL IS MALWARE
?

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back