Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Misinterpreted song lyrics 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjoubert

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
US
I remember years back when a coworker bought himself one of those daily tear-off desk calendars. This particular calendar had misinterpreted song lyrics for each day of the year. Here's one from the calendar..."Kiss this guy" instead of "Kiss the sky" by Jimi Hendrix.

I'm a big time Jewel fan. While at one of her concerts, while she was singing "Serve The Ego" one of my friends was signing along and seriously thought the song was "Save the Eagles."

This one is from an episode of "Friends." Phoebe was talking about a song that Elton John sang for "...that guy from Who's the Boss." She then started to sing..."Hold me close young Tony Danza." ("Tiny Dancer")

Can anyone think of other misinterpreted song lyrics?

pretty much all R.E.M. tracks except for the last few years. Deliberately sung in such a way that they're very easy to misinterpret on hearing (and even easier to not decipher properly even if you do get the text correct).

Stegosaurus on an autograph...bing bang baby it's a gas gas gas

I thought about adding some of hubby's mis-interpreted stuff, but I think most of his interpretations are intentional, such as what he does to the song "Venus".... (yes, just think of a word that rhymes with it). I just can't listen to it anymore.

One of my favorite Martina McBride songs is "Where would you be?"...I just love the way her powerful voice belts out the chorus. I intentionally modified those lyrics to "Where would you pee?" and totally ruined the song for a friend of mine.

A friend of mine (professional performer) sings "There's a bathroom on the right" (to "Bad Moon Rising" by CCR").

He points to the biffy when he's singing it outside. <LOL>

Just my 2¢
-Cole's Law: Shredded cabbage

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back