Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CONNECT 2 AVAYA IP406 V2 BETWEEN 2 SITES 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkondilys

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2003
US
Hey Guys,

Anybody that can help or shed some light on best way to connect 2 avaya ip406 v2 units over a leased line? if I do this, and I have the vcm module installed, will employee at location A be able to reach employee at location B over the wan to avoid phone carrier costs? Any documentation would help!

Thanks

yup...both checked on both sides. also have faststart enabled but i dont think that matters? do both sides have to have same version?

You have 4.0 on one site
Open system status and see if there is a transmision line
There should be an option to ping from that ipoffice
try to ping the other ipoffice from there

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

hey peter...

i'm in system status....
i can ping successfully!
but i see that it says SCN not enabled???????

Because it does not work
Just another check ,is voice networking checked ?
That needs to be on both sites !!!

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

I would start looking at your firewalls.
You may wish to use some sort of network port monitoring tool to see what it does. Trying to think of one, ah

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

You could maybe try some iP routes to get you accross. like on site a add a route like
LAN1

Then site b
LAN1

This may be worth a shot

ok...i added the extra routes kwing....
no luck...rebooted several times, and it just sits there with scn not enabled in the status monitor? both sides can ping each other, all ports opened....

Lets go back to your ip lines.

In your IP Line for site A, you have the gateway address set to the IP Office B IP. Yes?

In your IP Line for site B, you have the gateway address set to the IP Office A IP?

ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Working towards.

still getting this is monitor when i dial extension at remote site:

3951217mS CMTARGET: 0.1137.0 39 Kondilys.0: CancelTimer CMTCDelayedProcessing
3951217mS CMTARGET: 0.1137.0 39 Kondilys.0: LOOKUP CALL ROUTE: type=100 called_party=2012 sub= calling=212 in=0 complete=0
3951217mS CMTARGET: SKIP INCOMING CALL ROUTE
3951218mS CMTARGET: 0.1137.0 39 Kondilys.0: ADD TARGET (N): number=2012 type=100 depth=1 nobar=1 setorig=1
3951218mS CMTARGET: 0.1137.0 39 Kondilys.0: FoundKnownSystemTargets 2012
3951219mS CMTARGET: 0.1137.0 39 Kondilys.0: DEF SC: 2012 0 sc=type=31 code=?, num=.
3951219mS CMARS: CMARSHandler::FindActiveARSByGroupID GroupID=0
3951222mS CMTARGET: DIAL LINE: 39 GROUP = 0 SUCCESS = febaec8c
3951222mS CMTARGET: 0.1137.0 39 Kondilys.0: CancelTimer CMTCDialToneTimeout
3951223mS CMTARGET: 0.1137.0 39 Kondilys.0: INITIAL TARGETING SUCCEEDED
3951223mS CMTARGET: 0.1137.0 39 Kondilys.0: GetNoAnswerTimer:15

That trace just shows SCN not being up.
So when you dial 2012 once the dial timer expires its sending it accross to the ARS

ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Working towards.

ok....so lost for clues here guys...

all networking is setup correctly, both sites have version 4.07 installed, both sites can ping each other and verified through system status tool. But, no users are transfered from each site to each other. Firewall has been opened up with all ports...

just one more point to add guys.....i just ananlyzed traffic on firewall and only noticed ping traffic from site A avaya to site B avaya and nothing else? Should I be seeing other kinds of traffic? other port traffic?

can you email me the configs. kwing at carouselindustries dot com. then i can look directly at the configs.

What you getting from Site B to site A (Firewall traffic)

ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Working towards.

hey kwing...sent config file ok? its just for site a...but same config for site b.

provider...i'm not getting any traffic on firewall between site a and b avaya units other than the ping traffic...

What are the extension numbers on the other system? If you can send me the other one it would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back