Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CONNECT 2 AVAYA IP406 V2 BETWEEN 2 SITES 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkondilys

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2003
US
Hey Guys,

Anybody that can help or shed some light on best way to connect 2 avaya ip406 v2 units over a leased line? if I do this, and I have the vcm module installed, will employee at location A be able to reach employee at location B over the wan to avoid phone carrier costs? Any documentation would help!

Thanks

I think i see one passible thing. you have extensions on this system that cover the whole 200 range. 210-219, 220-229, 230-239, 240-249, 250-259, 260-269, 270-279, 280-289, 290-299. That makes it very hard to have extensions in the 2000 range on the other system. I am also hoping the other IPO is 192.168.4.15. if you dont see traffice hitting the firewall it is because the IPO is not sending it. you could try making a short code like this just to get the calls accross
5xxxx
dial ext
N
line 100

Then dial 5 and the extension on the other system and it will force the call to the trunk. then maybe you will get some hits on the firewall. the other thing in the monitor go to trace options and turn on all the H323 stuff

Also try to keep the extensions the same lenght
In this case 3 or 4 digits
So you could add an extra digit on your site

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

morning kwing and peter,

kwing: the other unit is the 192.168.4.15 at site b.
also, the extensions at site b are all in the 2000 range. should this be changed because it might cause a conflict?

i'll try adding the shortcode to see what happens...

I would change your site and add a digit so it will also be four digits

Also very important, do you have any groups with the same names ?

I also saw you have fast start enabled ,uncheck it
Also after trying that uncheck direct media path and see what happens then
Do this at both sites !!!

hey kwing....i sent site b config file ok?
pete...i'll also uncheck options you indicate and get back to you!!!!

i owe you guys big time...forget the points at the end..i'll just invite u guys to greece for vacation...lol

Its interesting your fire walls are not seeing traffic other than ICMP.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

I just looked at the configs and they look like they are set up right. the only thing i see that needs to be adressed is the extensions. everything starts with a 2 so that needs to be changed. they have to be totalally different. make sure you dont have any users or extensions that start with the other sites digits. the lines look right the IP routes look right. the only thing i am unsure of is you use ? to dial. i am here in the us and we set up 9 and then number to dial. I dont know if this will matter or not.

I thought about the same but it should not matter because with scn enabled the systems should learn the other sites extensions
And if you dial a match it should go instead of looking for a shortcode match
There must be something that blockes the traffic that is needed for scn

does anyone know what ports avaya scn uses then? that might help?

Here are the ports that the ip office uses

· Port 69 (Trivial File Transfer): File requests to the IP Office.

· Port 69 (Trivial File Transfer): File requests by the IP Office.

· Port 161 (SNMP): From SNMP applications.

· Port 162 (SNMP Trap):
To addresses set in the IP Office configuration. Both SNMP Port numbers can be changed through the IP Office configuration.

· Port 520 RIP:
From IP Office to other RIP devices. For RIP1 and RIP2 (RIP1 compatible) the destination address is a subnet broadcast, eg. 192.168.42.255. For RIP2 Multicast the destination address is 224.0.0.9.

· Port 520 RIP: To the IP Office from RIP devices.

· Port 1719 (H.323 RAS): Response to a VoIP device registering with IP Office.

· Port 1720 (H.323/H.245): Data to a registered VoIP device.

· Port 2127: PC Wallboard to CCC Wallboard Server.

· Port 8080: Browser access to the Delta Server application.

· Port 8089: Conferencing Center Server Service.

· Port 8888: Browser access to the IP Office ContactStore (VRL) application.

· Ports 49152 to 53247: Dynamically allocated ports used during VoIP calls for RTP and RTCP traffic. The port range can be adjusted through the System | Gatekeeper tab.

· Port 50791 (IPO Voicemail): To voicemail server address.

· Port 50793 (IPO Solo Voicemail): From IP Office TAPI PC with Wave drive user support.

· Port 50794 (IPO Monitor): From the IP Office Monitor application.

· Port 50795 (IPO Voice Networking): Small Community Network signalling (AVRIP) and BLF updates.

· Port 50796 (IPO PCPartner):
From an IP Office application (for example Phone Manager or SoftConsole). Used to initiate a session between the IP Office and the application.

· Port 50797 (IPO TAPI): From an IP Office TAPI user PC.

· Port 50799 (IPO BLF): Broadcast to the IP Office LAN, eg. 255.255.255.255.

· Port 50800 (IPO License Dongle): To the License Server IP Address set in the IP Office config.

· Port 50801 (EConf): Used by the Conference Center service.

hey guys.....i tried everything!!!! all damn ports are open, all configs are correct! I just dont see anytraffic from site A avaya to site B avaya from my firewall logs? They can see each other, but they are not exchanging the data for SCN to work. they are not exchanging user & extensions at all.

have you tried to power down and reboot each side? i dont think it is the answer but may be worth a shot.

What is your default Gateway? Your firewalls or your routers?

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

kwing...do you mean full power shut down or just those reboots you can issue from the manager? the gateway for the avay is the firewall which is also the router that connects to site B.

hey guys, i even carried out good reboots. shut down the units for 5 minutes, and then booted back up and no luck. ran tcpdump on my firewalls, and there is no traffic generated from the avaya at all from site A to site B and vice versa. This leaves me to beleive its the avaya units that have something up with them? maybe they're just not broadcasting? I'm still stuck at crossroads where I can see each unit in monitor => small community networking, but there are no users there, and there is no traffic as well.

Is your firewall connected to the lan or the wan port ?
Try to pull your network off the firewall and only connect the ipoffice to it
Make sure you did set lan1 as your destination in your iproute
See if you see traffic now

Did you change the extension numbers at both sites? If you are using the 200 range at one site, use the 300 range at the other. With SCN working, is you are at the 200 site and you want to call the 300 site, you just dial 325 for example.

hey peter, the avaya is connected by its lan port to a network switch, not directly to the firewall. could it be the switch thats messing things up? i also made sure the routes are pointing to LAN1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back