Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CONNECT 2 AVAYA IP406 V2 BETWEEN 2 SITES 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkondilys

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2003
US
Hey Guys,

Anybody that can help or shed some light on best way to connect 2 avaya ip406 v2 units over a leased line? if I do this, and I have the vcm module installed, will employee at location A be able to reach employee at location B over the wan to avoid phone carrier costs? Any documentation would help!

Thanks

hey guys....ok got vcm working! when i dial number in site b it says external and doesnt go through? any ideas? i know voip is working because we tried an ip handset and it works fine.

paul

Open monitor and look what happens with the call
You will see a lot of information but don't be affraid :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

If its routing out, I would say the SCN is not built correctly.
Are your ports open on firewalls and ready for voice?

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

HEY PETER..GET THE FOLLOWING GIBBERISH FROM MONITOR:

688619mS CMTARGET: 0.1056.0 19 Kondilys.0: CancelTimer CMTCDelayedProcessing
688619mS CMTARGET: 0.1056.0 19 Kondilys.0: LOOKUP CALL ROUTE: type=100 called_party=2012 sub= calling=212 in=0 complete=0
688619mS CMTARGET: SKIP INCOMING CALL ROUTE
688620mS CMTARGET: 0.1056.0 19 Kondilys.0: ADD TARGET (N): number=2012 type=100 depth=1 nobar=1 setorig=1
688620mS CMTARGET: 0.1056.0 19 Kondilys.0: FoundKnownSystemTargets 2012
688621mS CMTARGET: 0.1056.0 19 Kondilys.0: SYS SC: 2012 4 012 sc=type=31 code=2XXX, num=. callinfop->sending_complete=0 secondary_dialtone=
688621mS CMARS: CMARSHandler::FindActiveARSByGroupID GroupID=50
688622mS CMMap: a=3.26 b=0.0 Mapper::AllocateCodec allocated CMRTVocoder resource busy 1, total 24
688626mS CMTARGET: DIAL LINE: 19 GROUP = 50 SUCCESS = feb9d1ac
688626mS CMTARGET: 0.1056.0 19 Kondilys.0: CancelTimer CMTCDialToneTimeout
688626mS CMTARGET: 0.1056.0 19 Kondilys.0: INITIAL TARGETING SUCCEEDED
688627mS CMTARGET: 0.1056.0 19 Kondilys.0: GetNoAnswerTimer:15

You have a short code 2xxx that is pointing to the ARS. try changing it to the line group of the IP trunk

What is your line number and outgoing and incoming ID for the IP trunk. the short code you have says 2xxx go to ARS 50. and it is striping the first 2 off.

my extensions at site b are are all in the 2xxx range.

line number = 50
outgoing and incoming ID = 50

Do you also have ars of 50. I always set up IP trunks above 100 because then they will not get in the way of anything else on the system. Try changing your line to something else along with the incoming and outgoing ID's then change your short code.

so to dial an ext 2012 lets say at site b, i would have to change the shortcode to 50 also?

What i would do to get it going is change the IP trunk to line number 100. then change the incoming group and outgoing group to 100. Then the short code you have should look like this

SC 2xxx
Dial or dial ext. you may have to play with that
Phone number 2N
Line 100

okie dokie...

so we have set the line = 100
outgoing & incoming id = 100
sc = 2xxx
dial
Tried phone number = . and also = 2N
Line = 100

still getting busy tone after a 5 second wait...?

on you line under VOIP in the gateway field do you have the address of the IPO on the other side? what do you have for IP routes on your IPO

You do not need shortcodes for dialing extension with an scn !!!

Open monitor
Go to Status -> Small Communitie Networking

Do you see an blue icon with an ipadres
Can you open it and if yes does it show user of the remote location ?

yeah i do have the ip address of the ipo on other side. only one route also as follows:
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1(gateway on site where avaya sits)

Peter,
i know you dont need them but something is wrong here. the system was routing the call out the ARS to external. You dont see external when making a call over the network. if you look at the trace above it is routing thru the ARS and trying to go out the regular lines.

Do as i descibe in my last post
Open system monitor

Go to start -> programs -> ip office -> monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back