Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clever use of vowels

Status
Not open for further replies.
kjv1611:

The US won the wah?

Hello?

Fee

"The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

wah?" = "war"

Just being a little silly. I'm in the South, and if you found some old Civil War stuff on the net, jokes and such, you'll eventually come across it being spelled that way to show the pronunciation of the "deep south" I suppose. [wink]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

A civil war? You were kinda going to win that one somehow or other you know....

Fee

"The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

Well, the "wah" I was referring to was the "American Revolution."

The usage of "wah" was just being silly with terminology - actually the whole thing was, of course.

The usage of "wah" is mostly used when talking about the "Warn between the States", or the "Civil War", or the "War of Northern Aggression". Just depends upon what history books you read, whom you ask, etc.

Anywho, now you'll know where that come from if you ever hear it. [wink]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

You may all now put your aluminium hats back on now.
The mean old aliens have left.
I hear that Christo could cover the earth in tin-foil, to keep out all those nasty waves and beams.
Foil can be impregnated with plastic to make a very sturdy material. Aluminium Suits? Woven aluminium cloth?
Im taking my meds now, ,,,,,,

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back