Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bumper sticker thread! 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael52x

Technical User
Oct 4, 2005
US
Not ones you've seen, ones you would like to.

NASCAR:
"No, YOU are NOT nascar grade
Back Off!

"My other car is a....{NOT some #!*#$!}

Im in front of you, are'nt I?

Does this car make me look fat?

Yeah, Im stupid, but you're....

[hammer] [hammer] [hammer]

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Normally, I don't put bumper stickers on my car, but if someone would print this one out, I would definitely display it...

"Back off, or I'll set off your airbags!" - Yes, I get a bit annoyed by people who tailgate me.

This one may exist, as I have heard it before.
"If you can read this, I can hit my brakes and sue you"
It just has to be in small print.

I think this one would be great.
"Cruise control, use it"

~
Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

It's not OUR fault you didn't leave early enough, ok?"

"It hurts no one to be kind -- we're all in traffic together."

"Wave at kids -- their parents will be both confused and grateful."

"Pull your pants back on, hang up, and focus on the road, please."

"Is your insurance really good enough to spend all this time reading bumper stickers?"

"WWJD? Well, for starters, once MY god awakens, your pathetic carpenter will run screaming, be driven mercifully insane, and eventually be consumed body and soul. Then I get your car."

"Be careful, please."

"My other car is a matchbox."

"Pay attention to what's going on around you -- I promise you'll not regret it."

"He's probably lying to you, too."

"She's probably lying to you, too."

"there's six billion people on the planet -- please take the time to find someone you actually get on well with, because we're tired of hearing you two bicker."

"Watch out for the little things, like motorcycles, bikes, people, kids, and animals."

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

How about:
An unmarked police car is following you

Hang up the phone, it's not that urgent

"NOTHING is more important in a database than integrity." ESquared

During the Iranian hostage crisis of 1979/80, a popular one had Mickey Mouse giving, ahem, prominence to his middle finger ("Hey, Iran!")

Nullum gratuitum prandium.
--Sleipinir214

One's you would like to see.

"Please get of the line
your phone call is not that important"

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

I would like to see:

Just because you have one,
Doesn't mean you have to be one!

[IronyAlert]
I saw a car with the bumper sticker, "HANG UP AND DRIVE!"

As I passed the car (it was going about 50 MPH in a 65 MPH zone, in the right lane), I saw that the driver had her ear glued to her cell phone.

Not illegal here, but makes you wonder if she ever looks at the back of her car. [banghead]

Nullum gratuitum prandium.
--Sleipinir214

Maybe it wasn't her who applied the sticker!

"Your rock is eroding wrong." -Dogbert

Good call sha76...I think I need to find a bunch of those stickers and become the elusive "HANG UP AND DRIVE" bandit. On second thought, it's probably not worth it. As with this particular driver, they're all too busy chatting on the phone to notice a bumper sticker on their own car.

Just stick it on their windshield, surely they'd notice THAT.
[wink]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

I don't want to get into a big discussion about it in this forum, but perfectly ok for another forum, but we're touching on a very real issue.

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read
FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Yes, I read about that shortly after it happened. It's sad, but I can only hope that a lot of people (not just teens) can learn something from that horrible accident. It's bad enough to talk on your phone while driving, but texting while driving is so much more dangerous. New York state has outlawed talking on your cell phone (without a hands-free device) while driving, which I guess has prompted a lot of people to text while driving.

[now officially off topic]
I hate to sound so harsh, but at least they didn't kill anyone else.

The other kids in the vehicle might have been blameless, but too often someone does something stupid like this, or driving drunk, and they walk away uninjured after killing someone in another car.
[/offtopic]

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

CC's article reminded me of a text messaging caused accident here last year. The kicker was the only reason text messaging was suspected was the guy continued to send messages while being questioned by authorities.

[small]Sometimes you gotta leave your zone of safety. You have to manufacture Inspirado. You gotta get out of the apartment. You've got to run with the wolves. You've got to dive into the ocean and fight with the sharks. Or just treat yourself to a delicious hot fudge sundae........ with nuts. - Jack Black[/small]

Higgins, off topic or not, I agree perfectly.

As for the banning talking on cell while driving, honestly, I do not see the point. Yes, some people suck at driving while talking. Others do not. I have seen my brother talk on the phone for a half hour while driving (it was a long drive) and he drives perfectly.
Correct me if I am wrong but there are already laws against wreckless driving. Just ticket the people who talk and drive poorly for that. If it is not working, increase the penalties and / or ticket more people for it! There are hundreds upon hundreds of possible distractions that people can indulge in while driving. Banning each of them individually is NOT the answer. They will simply move onto another distraction because they lack the capacity to focus on the road as they should.
I have seen it stated that people drive worse simply when passengers are in the car, because they talk to the passengers. Should we outlaw carpooling with anything over one other person in the front seat? What about people who eat while driving, don't forget that. Texting, using GPS / Nav units, lets ban that too, because it could be distracting as well.
Those are the reasons I cannot agree at all with banning talking on a cell phone while driving. I see it all entirely covered already by the wreckless driving laws.
Sorry my post is so off topic. But laws like that are just dumb.

~
Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

I agree completely, Opieo. Wasn't there a similar argument made back when they first started putting radios in cars?

Maybe we should make this a separate thread....

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

I agree with you as well, Opieo. Although I wouldn't classify these offenses as Reckless Driving. I would think another category could be created called, Distracted Driving. To me, Reckless Driving is intentional.

==> Maybe we should make this a separate thread....
Great idea, and I hear STC calling.

:)

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read
FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back