Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snicker Stickers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vb5prgrmr

Programmer
Jul 5, 2002
US
Well since the Vanity plate threads have been so popular and bumper stickers have been mentioned within, if I remember correctly, so why not?

On Explorer in VA...

When in doubt, empty the magazine.

And on the 8th day god created marines.

:)

@Opieo
I <3 Thinkgeek. I had their "Will Work for Bandwidth" license plate frame on my beemer. They got me hooked on Bawls. I bought my boss the "Ties s*ck" binary tie.

Some of their items I covet (and will obtain, someday): The Ex Knifeholder, personal soundtrack tshirt, an airzooka, and the annoy-a-tron.

In response to a couple mentioned above...

Save the whales! Collect the entire set!

I love cats! I just can't eat a whole one myself!

Also, there's a great fast food chain here in California called "In & Out Burger" ( They have a bumper sticker that just has their name on it. A lot of people alter it to read...

IN AND OUT URGE

The funny thing is, they are a Christian owned company with Bible verses on their cups and wrappers and such.

Well, not quite a bumper sticker, but I saw a couple of Bikers with a t-shirt that said:

[hide]If you can read this, then the Bitch fell off![/hide]

on the other Biker:

on the front:
[hide]Blow me[/hide]

on the back:
[hide]THEN LEAVE[/hide]

Bumperstickers:

Be nice to America, or we will bring Democracy to your Country...

I <3 to Fart.

My Kid is an Honor Student, and my president is an idiot! (Bush era)

Guns don't kill people, drivers with Cellphones do...

Dyslexics - are Teople poo...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

I knind of got a kick out of:

Oh No! Not another learning experience!

"NOTHING is more important in a database than integrity." ESquared

I love the text if you want to meet Jesus one. As well as the others making fun of cell phone drivers.

@Lisa, I am still working on getting the t-shirts I want before I move onto other delicious toys.

~
“Your request is not unlike your lower intestine: stinky, and loaded with danger.” — Ace Ventura.

I loved the In 'N' Out Burger sticker. I heard they actually quit making them after they got word of the widespread alteration.

While not a bumper sticker, this one gave me a chuckle: My coworker drove by a Big Lots store last evening. The "L" was burned out.

Phil H.
Some Bank
-----------
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Back in the early eightys, when I lived in Uptown New Orleans (which had a lot of college types going to Tulane and Loyola), there was a Texas A&M alumni sticker in which the TEXAS A&M part was on top, and those letters attached to the rest of the sticker only by the bottom (the letters themselves were cut out from the vinyl, making for easy alteration.

I saw several that were changed around to read

SEX AT A&M

-- Francis
I'd like to change the world, but I can't find the source code.

philhege said:
While not a bumper sticker, this one gave me a chuckle: My coworker drove by a Big Lots store last evening. The "L" was burned out.

That's great! One of my family's favorite pastimes in the car is spotting signs that have been accidentally altered due to a letter or two being out.

When I was was growing up, there was a car repair place called "Mark C. Bloome". They had a giant sign with the company name. for a long time the second "o" was burned out making it "Mark C. Blo me".

We also had a "Blank Angus" steak house that had a "g" burned out. Had to shield the kiddies eyes on that one. [bigsmile]

@SamBones
Pictures of the Angus sign made it online. I saw it again just a couple months back.
Not the kind of place I would want to eat at!

~
“Your request is not unlike your lower intestine: stinky, and loaded with danger.” — Ace Ventura.

@Opieo

It made me laugh reading your comment, then the signature on your post. Kind of a theme going on there. [bigsmile]

Yeah, the "Mark C. Blo me" was seen that way so many times that I think there was possibly some playful sabotage involved. The Blank Angus signs may be victims of the same.

Another "L" that burned out was on the sign for the former utility company New Orleans Public Service.

-- Francis

Back when the Saints drafted Reggie Bush in 2006, they came out with this one:

FINALLY. A BUSH WE CAN ALL AGREE ON.

-- Francis

Saw one on a Range Rover in the heart of the Scottish countryside the other day. The driver seemed to be someone from the "ruling classes"

"Actually, I do own the road"

This was the funniest one I've seen in awhile.

"BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!"

Maq [americanflag]
<insert witty signature here>

ChrisHunt:

I've seen:

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

-- Francis

If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.
I do have to thank a Soldier that I can read English, namely my step-dad, he was a Sergeant in the US-Army...

Although I do get irked by bumper stickers, such as this one...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

In the spirit of my first post in this thread...

Gun Control...
Is being able to hit your target!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back