Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What about R10 ? 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

hibroth

Technical User
Oct 27, 2005
IT
Does anyone know when is planned R10?

So guys, do you still dislike the E-MetroTel solution? Granted I like the way both the IP Office and the UCx operate in their own respects and I have an IP Office and UCx SIP trunked together working wonderfully....I still edge more towards UCx, especially since there are no key codes to open features, etc. A single user extension cost pays for everything.

The only problem, is that if you are an Avaya guy, you aren't going to like how all the Nortel feature codes work....but if you are a Nortel guy, you'd like the UCx. I still am not knocking the IP Office though.....I just agree with you guys above, that Avaya is getting ridiculous with their fees and license structure, and their lack of regards for small businesses.

Based on my shopping observations, a local 250 store chain, Midwest Supercenter "Meijer", ditched their IP Office in their latest expansion of new stores, and have gone with some type of open source with Polycom IP Phones, their stores have over 200 analog phones and spectralink wireless for team leaders and store directors as well. I was quite shocked to see they ditched Avaya, as they were an Avaya customer since the System 75 days (except for a small experiment with ROLM 9200s in the 1990s).

In addition to Mitel, Toshiba, Shoretel, Panasonic, and Samsung, the E-MetroTel UCx is a perfect client for Class 1 communications.

Amriddle, which phones did you say Mitel is discontinuing? The 5300s? I recently purchased a Mitel+Aastra/6869i and it seems to be a pretty reliable Mitel/Aastra SIP phone.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

With the Avaya IPO Relase 10 coming, wouldn't it be wonderful if Avaya Developer team brought all AVAYA Classic ring patterns to the 96XX Series? It would go like this: Select Ring pattern: Definity (8 patterns), Partner (8 patterns), Merlin Legend (8 patterns), Merlin Magix (8 patterns) etc. It would be such a joy having these classic ring patterns on these beautiful modern IP phones and it would surely increase the IPO R 10 SALES ;)

I attended a webinar thingy last week. Our Avaya guy told us beta is out now. We are supposed to get license and software this week and that it should start getting implemented in September 2016. Specs were: more music on holds, larger hunt groups, cloud enhancements, H175 video phone, 3745 DECT, better UC module(lol). Believe it when I see it.

Avaya IP Office Release 10 available on 29 August
As follow up to earlier messages on IP Office Release 10, General Availability (GA) has been set for 29 August 2016. Avaya has incorporated partner and customer feedback regarding the offer to ensure a smooth and successful market introduction.

Offer Highlights:
• IP Office Basic Edition will remain available.
• IP Office Release 10 – Basic user license will no longer be required for any IP Office Release 10 Edition, (including Server Edition and Select).
• IP Office Support Services (IPOSS) offer and pricing will remain unchanged from the current offer available for Release 9.1, (i.e., per-server for base coverage) for all IP Office Release 10 Editions (including Server Edition and Select). Note: IPOSS Token may be used for Release 9.1 systems only.
• IP Office Release 10 licensing will transition to the Product Licensing Delivery System (PLDS), Avaya’s system for product licensing and downloading software. Partners will use PLDS to manage, move and change licenses across all Avaya solutions. To simplify the licensing process, a new Midmarket Provisioning Portal (MMPP) will expedite activation and download of licensing. This process does not impact the partner/distributor relationship and they can continue to use the distributor tools they are familiar with today.

So all the "new" stuff is ADI to PLDS if i see the highlights.
What an idiots!

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

SIP endpoint resiliency, PPI in SIP Trunk and some mainly Select enhancements. LDAP sync will be available for SE and not exclusively to select. The SSO auth module will be delayed. But no one knows if it will be available with a FP or in the next GA release.

There's some useful info if you search the interweb

[link thelibrary.solutions/library/Westcon_Tell_Me_About_Avaya_IP_Office_Solutions.pdf]Tell Me About Avaya IP Office R10 Solutions[/url]

(Amriddle01 - thanks for spotting the error in my link - now removed)

Highlights:
Basic Edition will remain available.

Some new definition of the word highlight I was not previously aware of there ;-)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

So, still no "on another call" for the old Nortel customers?
I didn't see that listed in the feature description maybe in R11.

And that's one of the most important new feature... Sorry... I always have two CAs and reserve last CA checked. By the way... Has been announced as a feature to chose within user rights now.

Only 13 pages of known issues, as usual then =)

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I'm excited. But then i'm excitable. I rarely get to play with anything new & don't have much to look forward to. I'm married.

Don't forget to lock your new control units at this release even if you're not going to stay on the GA and are going back down to 9.1.8. until 10.0.5, when the biggest bugs should have crawled out by then.

Q: why are pirates so mean?
A Because they arrrrr.

Don't forget to lock your new control units at this release....

Doesn't work like that, R10 is a runtime licence tied to the chassis, without the licence it will not work, even when brand new AFAIK :)

So who are the lucky souls that are installing this and beta testing it for Avaya with real live customers? Raise your hands! [peace]

From information I get elsewhere I don't think anyone with any significant level of experience was involved.

certainly Avaya's belief that they can charge Beta testers for the privilege discouraged a number of the MVP's of this forum

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I would have had attended beta with one customer because of SIP Trunk enhancements. But the customer was sceptical about the contract in first place and said he will not be part of it because my main customer contact was on vacation. Good or bad for me? Who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back