Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC DT700 STANDARD SIP FIRMWARE 14

axlicio

Technical User
Oct 13, 2020
AR
Good afternoon.

I have some NEC DT700 equipment and according to what I was reading, the firmware could be changed so that they are compatible with Asterisk, can someone pass me the firmware and the NEC Ip programming tool? Thank you very much

Hi.
Is there standard SIP firmware for DT830 devices? Can I receive it by email: A***v@gmail.com

Hi!
I've a bunch of DT700 phones that are configured to use NEC-SIP and are about to go in the bin as the server is being retired. I'd love to save them by converting to standard SIP, but I need the firmware file.
Could you please email to EMAIL REMOVED please?
Thanks in advance, I hate tech waste!

Thank you soooo much!

I can see so many of these being binned as the main firmware file isn't on the web anywhere.

As far as I can see all that is needed to convert them is itlissipv.tgz. Is there a reason we can't put this on archive.org or something?

B

I see other people having this issue, but no one seems to have left an answer.

After flashing successfully with PumpKIN, the phone restarts in standard SIP mode. I have a SIP server running, however no matter what details I try to change on the phone, it never attempts to connect to the SIP server.

It's currently at the DHCP complete screen and has been given an IP correctly, but it isn't attempting to make a SIP connection...

Is there a guide out there to tell me what to change to connect to a standard SIP server? I've tried to auto config, but the download always fails unfortunately. While for the download, the phone will connect to PumpKIN fine, if I attempt to send it a config file it fails.

As others have mentioned, now that this is a standard SIP phone, the webconfig is unavailable, however I have a display version and can access the admin menu just fine.

Right, so after battling with this all day and lots of people saying they figured it out but not providing the answer, here it is:

When you flash the standard SIP firmware, the device has NO settings. The reason there is so much in that firmware folder is it WILL need those files after flashing.

My problem was that I was logging into admin, and under SIP settings I was pointing it at my SIP server. DON'T DO THIS. Point it at your PumpKIN TFTP server that has all the files from the firmware download. The phone will now download about 10 different files with a config like "DT00000000".
Now the next issue you have will be that it will reboot and try and download the correct config from PumpKIN for it's actual name which seems to be the MAC.
Deny any requests where it asks to download files for its MAC (You don't have them).
If it tries to send any files, accept them.

It would have sent you a DT-000*MAC*.cfg file.

Now. Before the phone reboots (or power it off), go into the firmware folder and find "dt-000000000000-sip.cfg", make a copy of this replacing all the zeros with the mac address. You should have it from file it sent earlier.

The only settings you need to change in here are the first block.

Change:
line.1.extension="" # extension on sip server (i.e. the account login)
line.1.displayname="test"
line.1.maxcalls="1"
line.1.primary.address=""# IP of SIP server
line.1.primary.port="5060"
line.1.authentication.password=""#password of the standard SIP server
line.1.authentication.username="" # I set this the same as the username/account log in of the SIP server.

Power back on the phone. It will now start pulling lots of stuff (ringtones, everything) from the firmware file if you've done this correct. The phone will now act as standard SIP phone :)

Hi Backin69, can u provide to girtoyupsa@gufum.com the zip files of the phone firmware pls?

Hello Backin69

I have carried out the procedure as you mention in your post but I am not being able to register the NEC phone with an Asterisk-based PBX. Do you believe this is possible?

The problem I have is that in the SIP REGISTER the NEC phone is not sending the password. Has this happened to you? More info here:

Could you share with me the files you used to do the SIP REGISTER correctly?
EMAIL: telecomaster2000@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

TM

Sorry I wouldn't know, this is my first time using SIP phones.
I don't have the files anymore either as I basically gave up on this when I found I could get phones for €25 off eBay, the NECs where just too much hassle.

hello can you send me that firmware ,Any help would be greatly appreciated.

my email *********** thanks

Hey Belevedere, any chance you can send me a link to the DT730/830 SIP Firmware at danielrocommunications@gmail.com, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for sharing guys, doesnt appear I can edit my last post to remove the email.

Does anyone have a good guide on getting the firmware on to the handsets. I have been trying unsuccessfully with IP Phone Manager and PumpKIN to get this firmware onto the handsets. Have confirmed I have the right firmware using the Hardware Version and the DT Resource Manual, but everytime I attempt to send the file, or get the handset to download a file, it fails on me.

Hello

Could anyone kindly provide the SIP-STD Firmware for a DT700 handset?

My email is:ahmed.samir32@hotmail.com

Many thanks!

Hi,
could anyone send me the STD-SIP firmware for an DT700 ITL-12D-1P?

Thanks in advance

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back