Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO & 96XX Phones 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avayatech713

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2007
US
Has anyone figured out how to run the 96XX IP phones on IPO? Will they run on 4.2? Even if they aren't supported by Avaya - we would like to test them in our lab and use them in our office if there is any way possible.

H.323 will be in 5.1

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Yay again... No need for SIP endpoint licenses then !!! Much better, right?

Yes indeed

But the sip version does work too though they are not supported on sip !

RTFM.gif

@ tlpeter

So, have you tested one 9650 IP phone as a SIP extension? Does it work smoothly? I already have one 9650 waiting to be attached to IPO 500 :)

Kyle had it working on the ipo
I was very close but i did not test it anymore

RTFM.gif

I got the 9620 and 30 to work. Don't have a 9650 to test.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Rumors are certain 96xx phones will be supported next year!

ACS IP Office Implement
ACA IP Telephoney Implement

5.1 is when 96xx are planned to be supported but only in H323 mode :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

What are the differences between SIP and H323 as they apply to supporting 96XX phones? Will the 9670g be supported?

lol, You've been after that since like March or something :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

What is the point in adding a set that isn't officially supported? You'll end up like my customer who purchased 6402 sets only to upgrade and find out that Avaya "fixed" the firmware so that they would not work since they were not supported.

Kyle Holladay

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

how did you get it too work? i have a 9620 that i am trying to get working in the lab. when i change it to SIP i still get the message Extension in Use and it wont let me log it in.

I am using the same extension that I use on an x-lite Softphone. I close out of the app but its still staying its registered.

you cant register a new phone against the same base extn, as the switch sees that already registered to a new device, regardless of whether or not its logged in or not.

try turning autocreate extn on and create a new base extn for the handset....

I used the same extension for testing all my SIP devices. Maybe when you don't know any better ist just works. On the 9600 phones there is an option in the phone to tell it that it is NOT connecting to an Avaya PBX. In that this is treated as a 3rd party end point you should enable the "NOT AN AVAYA PBX" option whatever that is LOL.

Kyle Holladay

i thought i heard that somewhere, but i cant seem to find it. Is it under the CRAFT settings?

@Anyone
Does anyone have any info of when the release 5.1 will be available for download?

R6 is supposed to come beginning of next year so I guess they skip 5.1

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back