Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO & 96XX Phones 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avayatech713

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2007
US
Has anyone figured out how to run the 96XX IP phones on IPO? Will they run on 4.2? Even if they aren't supported by Avaya - we would like to test them in our lab and use them in our office if there is any way possible.

@ amriddle01

What files do I have to install in Manager's Directory in order for the 9650 IP Phone to work on IPO? 46xxSettings.txt ? If so, pls point me the exact website address. I will test it right now. I need this phone working on IPO as soon as possible.
Many thanks.

I assume you are at 4.1.15, if so you need the 1.0 firmware for the 9600 handsets unfortunately this has been taken down from the website now, and I no longer have it, someone else may well help you out. Perhaps big70 if you ask him nicely?

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

@ big70

Is what amriddle01 told true? If so, pls pls pls send me the 96xx version 1.0 for me, cause I cant find it on line anymore! I got the 9650 in my office's closet and its begging me to join our IPO IP 500.

Announcing IP Office Release 5
It's all about greater business continuity, by introducing Resilient Small Community Network. To have a second site be a backup for a main or another site and to have voicemail (pro) re-register to a backup site is really approaching a new status for reliability. This could only be accomplished though, with IP endpoints (phones). Digital or analog phones connected to a failed system would not have this ability. With this enhancement, hunt groups and users will be known on both systems and most useable features are transparent There will not be idle hardware in a design implemented with the redundant SCM. Another great enhancement to SCN is the expansion to 32 sites, doubling the systems that can be connected. There's also word that release 5 will support more phones, extending options for users with needs for color and enterprise phones. There may not seem like much that's new with release 5, but it is a lot when considering how this will affect the decision to design and implement a resilient communications platform. Targeted availability is sometime in late summer 2009.
Full Details at

Watch the adverts mate, you'll get booted :)

Soon NoelOhashi will be NoelOhashi01 like Amriddle....:p

Avaya_Red.gif

I've never been booted that's the original name I chose, I think we have both been close though Bas :)

Yea, just what you need. A 96xx phone at a few hundred dollars that functions as a generic SIP device that allows nothing but inbound, outbound, hold/transfer/conference. That sounds exactly like what we all need to spend our money on.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

i got an email the other day, i was a naughty boy hehe.

Never argue with an idiot. bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

You got an email from EI/NPI or from this forum?

Kyle Holladay

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

this forum. i asked TT for his emali address, which attracts bad people to the forums.

once or twice my messages were gone in some threads, when i typed my email even when i used AT and DOT....:p

Avaya_Red.gif

That is because there is no@personal.message system@this.forum for you@to.use to send messages@to.people without asking@for.their email@address.:)

Kyle Holladay

^lol.

some sort of PM system would be nice

@kholladay; You could reply that to Mr "EI/NPI" as a suggestion, maybe you'll get a golden star instead of that awfull purple...:p

Also changing tek-tip skin is a good option, lets start a new thread...LOL

Avaya_Red.gif

and a working search function would be good. ni know there is the google thing, but it should work here.

That google thing work for me, I always use a + instead of a space.

Avaya_Red.gif

I'm on my 5th or 6th profile so Im keeping quiet. pm me on avaya users dot com

@Everyone

I have just spoken to one important staff member from Avaya Brasil and he/she has told me that IPO 5.x will support the 96xx IP Phones series, due to Sept 2009. Yay! :)

It will support sip extensions on 5.0 the 96xx need to be connected on sip and not h323.

Avaya_Red.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back