Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO & 96XX Phones 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avayatech713

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2007
US
Has anyone figured out how to run the 96XX IP phones on IPO? Will they run on 4.2? Even if they aren't supported by Avaya - we would like to test them in our lab and use them in our office if there is any way possible.

You were told in your other post that this will not work anymore.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

In version 5 Avaya are going to be including a section within manager to print labels for the 16xx phones automatically - so no more handwriting.

Since the 16xx phones have been introduced we have seen our sales DS30's drop and POE switches increase lol

we havent,

i think they are much better handsets, but everyone else in my office prefers 54XX series. weirdos

arsene knows......

everything. apart from the importance of depth in a squad. and what a chequebook looks like......

I have tried using the 9650 IP phone to IPO IP500, version 4.1.15, as one dude had posted here. But no luck. Can some one please show me what txt files should be installed in Manager directory? MIB file? Cause I have tried many txt files, like version 1.1.x 46xxsettings.txt file, version 1.0.x 96xxmib.txt.
I'm desperate!!!

Noel, i wouldnt bother, you will never be able to upgrade the system, unless they decide to support them in the future.

best ditch the phones now

arsene knows......

everything. apart from the importance of depth in a squad. and what a chequebook looks like......

Here's a list of part numbers I found that will get the 96xx phones to work and Avaya WILL support it:

Avaya material codes:

star for tanderson

love it!

arsene knows......

dito

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

I ve spoken to one sales women at Thetelecomspot.com and she told me that version 5 will support 9600 series ip phones

then they would be either full of it or in violation of their NDA.
take your pick.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Why wouldn't Avaya include this 9600 IP phone beauty to IPO? They will sell more...

I've also heard that 9600 will be supported on V5 from our channel manager, seems that the trick to get it working will be done by having license for SIP endpoint, but I'm pretty sure SIP endpoints will come with a $$$ price.

Cheers
ddrib

The 9620 and 9630 do work on IPO 4.2.11 with version 1.1 but with some little nags:
no caller info while the phone rings
some button features do not work
maybe more i did not test everything but the main features are ok
sound quality is great! a lot better as the 46xx and 16xx series

Aimed at tanderson3733 if you are going to make a post about a config that Avaya "WILL" support at least get it right. You missed off the Standard/Enterprise User licencing :)

Gosh, thanks bob. Since I missed that nobody but Joe and Tom got the joke. Now everybody knows that:

"96xx phones are only supported on CM platform!!"

Which is too bad that you can't put any phone on any system...I would sell a heck of a lot more Partner ACS if I could get 5420s working on it...

16xx phones versus 56xx phones. Are the 16xx technically any better?

In the US here, my IP phone customers frankly don't like the look of the 16xx and paper labels. I have a 1616, and don't care for it versus my 5621.

The 96xx series would be the IP phone to sell and use if they worked on IPO and were affordable. If Avaya does roll these out in V5 with a SIP license required, it still becomes cost prohibitive to sell to price sensitive customers.

They are not supported in R5.

andrew do you have my email address?

arsene knows......

Moi? Don't think so!!

tmills at dataquestuk.com

arsene knows......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back