Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO & 96XX Phones 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avayatech713

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2007
US
Has anyone figured out how to run the 96XX IP phones on IPO? Will they run on 4.2? Even if they aren't supported by Avaya - we would like to test them in our lab and use them in our office if there is any way possible.

There will be a new R5 maintenance build but it will not add any few major features.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M,
ACE Implement: IP Office
TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

@EveryOne
I have friends who happen to own business, others work in a Large Public Organization. And they happen to love the idea of changing their phone ringing style to Avaya's. And selling IPO 500 with the new 9600 IP phones is a Huge win! It has appeal, people. Avaya People come on! Id suggest Avaya to get smarter and add 9600 series firmware to IPO500... I bet you will sell more!

Be a little patient
If you did read well then you would have known that the next major release will support most 96xx series phones :)

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

if you have access to the avaya business partner website try to find the Q4 roadmap :)

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

And don't overlook the fact that 9600 support in R6 is limited ONLY TO THE IP500. I bet this would also require an IP500 VCM32 or 64 and that the legacy IP400 VCM cards will not work.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M,
ACE Implement: IP Office
TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back