Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hicom 350 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystr

Technical User
Jul 12, 2022
MA
Hello,
I have a weird issue with analog extension they lose their ringing while being totally functional... asked a coworker said it was card failure nothing we can do but I still think there is another solution to this...what do you guys think ?

I have some more questions I was wondering if I should ask it in here or open another thread?
Do we have a discord server or some kind of instant chat?

Not sure about a discord server or instant chat - most of us here have 'day jobs' :)

So what's the next problem ?

By the way as Moriendi said - you should make a REGEN file
This is a 'snapshot text file backup' of your system

Here is a 'very rough' guide - because the system is so old - please only do this work - out of hours at a quiet time
Not during the busy times !

EXE-UPDAT:BP,ALL;
EXE-UPDAT:A1,ALL;
STA-DEL::pAS:VEGAS/DATEI;
STA-REGEN:MYSTR,L31901Q1114A00001,N,,,,,,ALL;

This would also take some time to complete

When complted we will extract the file - next time !

Alright, gotcha! Actually not problem just wanna know things... Like do you guys have any training PDFs or videos for me to get on the basics so I can ask accurately?
Field questions:
Is there any other commands that interact with DIUN2 card other than rufum ?
Primary access wired to DIUN2 is fiber mainly used for simultaneous calls and I think we pay hugely if there's possibility to squeeze internet from it?(this shithole is probably paying it aswell without knowing it)

In the FAQ's - Frequently Asked Questions there is a link to download documents and other items of interest.
Here is the link - faq965-7883
Ideally you would need to complete a course or have a mentor on site.

Have you completed the REGEN file ?

@sbcsu alright man thanks! I haven't done regen file yet... Couldn't after you warning and not experienced to do with a rough guide ... I look around if I found one complete.

Here is another minor problem:
I have found 2 extensions with same number
Ext A was on
Ext B it's an old ligne that I found was working and I'm gonna use ...
both working... Now I need to know which PEN is each of them attached but DIS-SBCSU gives me info for only 1

You need to do the REGEN file soon - the only reason I ask you to do it out of hours is to ensure it all goes well with no issues during the working day.
2 extensions do not have the same number unless you have analog extensions and they are 'double jumpered' or joined together like a domestic setup.

If you
REG-SBCSU;
You will get a listing of ALL Digital extensions

It's indeed analog ...so I can assume it's just same wire going to both ext from same PEN ?
Man I need to use that wire... Is there anything can be done so I use it without ext A listening to ext B?

Yes, sometimes for example in a Kitchen they would use it and have a telephone on both sides of the Kitchen but if someone lifts the handset when the call is in progress then they can overhear the call.

So, yes the same cable with 2 wires going to the same pen - feeding 2 telephones -

You could change the phone to digital and put in an underset adaptor on the optiset to feed another digital extension but they are probably no longer available.

Just run another pair or check the existing wiring - there could be 2 pairs in the cable ?

Unfortunate that would have saved a lot of work I guess I'll look for another one

Not every Optiset can have underset adaptors.
The part number for the 'underset adapter' is S30817-K7011-B104-8
If you do get one then you will also need a power supply for the 'slave' phone.
Also it has to be added differently and it will have to have it's own number.
The 'slave' phone power supply is similar to this part number C39280-Z4-C73

Most analog available there is euroset 5005 number S30054-S6522-H301-2 ... Plus this was my own lazy plan to supply a room with phone 🤣🤣

IMG20230202142237_qtkwxt.jpg
IMG20230202142313_nwdgad.jpg
IMG20230202142245_eia3rk.jpg

Hello guys know what is this ? Seems it can be inserted in hicom ? I'm guessing some floppy disk to boot the hicom system... You guys have any further infos ?

The old systems used MO (magneto optical) discs for backups, I believe.
They hold more than a floppy but less than a CD.

Is there a way to browse it's content through hicom ?
Have a nice weekend bois!

You don't need to 'browse it's content' - it's a backup medium.

Try putting the MO disk into the MO drive
CHA-DSSM:A1,6;
ACT-DSSM:A1,6;
DEA-DSSM:A1,6;
EXE-UPDAT:BP,ALL;
EXE-UPDAT:A1,ALL;
COPY-DDRSM:A1,1,E,6,E,N;
COPY-DDRSM:A1,1,F,6,F,N;

That should copy the areas E&F to the MO
But I'm a bit rusty on the old ones so let me know how you get on.

@sbcsu got it I'll do that later when I can

IMG20230206144239_q9rxqe.jpg

IMG20230206144800_ywcejt.jpg

Whenever someone calls 6148 it's forwarded to 5355 ... Checked group calls like AUN and CHESE but they ain't there 🤔

I'm suspecting it was made locally on phone while people were missing with buttons if so which combination to undo it ?

Could be a hunt group
REG-SA;

Although I see in the DIS-SBCSU:6148; down in the end that there is no Hunt so it's probably a forwarding:

Could be a forwarding
REG-ZIEL:FWD,6148;

Forwarding Activations:
REG-ACTDA:STN,6148;

You can also add a code in WABE to Override the forwardings temporarily.
ADD-WABE:**909,,,FWDIGNOR,N;

Then dial the Forward Ignore Code **909 and the extension number to (once off) over ride the forwarding.
Best not to give it out to everyone only yourself and probably operators.

@sbcsu I disabled the forwarding for it for at once thanks ... Wabe code that you gave me **909 worked aswell but many people will use that phone so I'd rather disable it thanks a lot.
Here what I did
IMG20230207102119_hasdnm.jpg
IMG20230207102108_sqrotu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back