Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hicom 350 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystr

Technical User
Jul 12, 2022
MA
Hello,
I have a weird issue with analog extension they lose their ringing while being totally functional... asked a coworker said it was card failure nothing we can do but I still think there is another solution to this...what do you guys think ?

So guys I went to check and you guys were right... While testing extensions on pens close to each other (1-1-X & 1-2-X) I assumed it was on same shelf... My apologies for this.
Now I know that ringing module on shelf 2 is faulty... Which brings me to ask another question why does digital extensions still keep their ringing functional being on the same shelf with faulty ringing module?

Digital Extensions get their 'ringing' sent to them as a proprietary ISDN message -
the system tells the phone - 'ring'

With an analog phone you have what is called a POTS phone - it works the same way as when phones were invented.

The system then has to send 72Volts at 25 Hertz(depending on market and phone) superimposed over the 50Volts DC to go through a capacitor to the 'bell' circuit.

Much clearer now thanks a lot.
@sbcsu can I take you back to that problem regarding name that doesn't display ? Did what you told me name appears in the system but not in the phones display. It used to be displayed I think I touched something that hides it now .

Extension A is called aaaaa
Extension B is called bbbbb

Ring Extension B from A and B will see aaaa on it's screen
A will see bbbb on it's screen

What's happening or not happening ?

Well ringing B from A you'll see aaaaa but ringing A from B will see only the number with no name. It's like affecting only 1 extension.

OK I don't get it

REG-PERSI:STN;

REG-PERSI;STN,XXXX;

To change a name or put in a name if none exists
CHA-PERSI:NAME,XXXX,,"New Name";

Sorry bro I made a mistake while explaining... I edited my previous post.
I did regenerate the number with no name before but no results
IMG20230120100227_pgo07a.jpg
IMG20230120100238_qru9gg.jpg

IMG20230120103724_bzadda.jpg

This is extension 5001 it doesn't show it's name.
Name: "KHOUKHI".should be there

Click up top MACRO then Retreive System Variant
Then Right Mouse Click on any line and go to MML editor

To see what name is on a station
REG-PERSI:STN,XXXX;

To Change or Add a Name:
CHA-PERSI:NAME,XXXX,,"Test Phone";

IMG20230120144102_zqiikp.jpg

I readd it again through cha-persi. It accept change but still no display.

NO idea

Upgrade the Comwin to start with please - details here faq965-7883

Alright bro let's just drop this...

Another thing regarding access command rufum what are all values that can lcosv1 take? Are they predefined values or does user assign each value for it? Cuz it's kinda random to me... So far what I know:
Lcosv1 : 1 = nothing
Lcosv1: 5 = self phones
Lcosv1: 29 = regional phones
Lcosv1: 30 = national phones
Lcosv1: 31 = international phones
Lcosv1: 32 = all

RUFUM is for direct inward number traanslation and nothing to do with outgoing access levels.

The HiCom 300 / HiPath 4000 is fully configurable from the start so your LCOSV1 is probably different to mine.
Who normally maintains the system for you ?

Well I heard they used to call directly siemens then things went down financially then they call a small maintenance company called WES local company.
HiCom used in this shithole is 350e /HiPath 4800 on expert mode.
like you could have figured yet another guy with no training here I need to learn from a dude who got a proper training but what I learn from this forum is 10times more than what I got from him.. I know about the technical field and programming logic how fucked am I?

WOW look at that, EV3.0, that software is over 20 years old, which means so is the hardware. Those Optisets are great phones, they just never stop working. But last regen is from 2014? You should get one done now. Somewhere on here is instructions to make a regen - worth following them through. Regen is a text copy of the database, it's not bootable or anything useful like that, but you can squirt it back in if you get some DB corruption.

@Moriendi I'm afraid I'm too inexperienced to figure it out myself... Can you walk me through it ?

@sbcsu I need to correct something I assumed but was wrong... Back when ringing ext B from ext A you will see "NO" as name displayed. Ext A idle has nothing displayed in the name section.

Guys is it possible to delete an extension and reset it back again ? If possible what command for it ?

Example Extension 1234

REG-SCSU:1234;
REG-SBCSU:1234;
REG-SDAT:1234;
REG-ZIEL:FWD,1234;
REG-ACTDA:STN,1234;
REG-PERSI:STN,1234;

DEL-SBCSU:1234,ALL;
OR
DEL-SCSU:1234,ALL;

Then add back in the results of the top commands

Why are you deleting an extension and adding it back in again ?

If you want to 'reset' and extension
RES-DSSU:STNO,1234;

To display the status of an extension
DIS-SDSU:ALL,,STNO,PER3,1234;

@sbcsu I want to delete previously mentioned extension and all of it's info and re add it back so that display come back cuz it's doesn't make any sense it displays "NO" while all infos are present in the system... There is lock somewhere I'm unaware of

@sbcsu guess what it worked lmao...
Got display back again a certain bro won't bug me again...
This what I did
IMG20230126103943_stonng.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back