Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring ROLMPHONE 400 on Hicom 300 E

Soulece

Programmer
May 1, 2024
US
Hello,

So I built a new extension for our new customer service manager. However, despite copying verbatim, the extension profile from the previous manager/customer service users, the RP400 does not show the status lights for the lines saved in the REPDIAL buttons. However, all the other customer service employees have those lights to show who is forwarding their phone, who's line is in use and so on. I've tried everything in LC-WIN that I could find to try to get the lights to come on and nothing. I've checked the manual to no avail. It seems to be tied to the extension because if I take that same phone and plug it into the extension of someone who has the lights, then the phone will show the lights. I'm at wits end over this and I was hoping someone might have an answer for me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone,

I have an update and a solution. So the buttons in question need to be Line buttons and in LC-WIN, on the last tab that has the name of the phone, it looks like a read only key map but in reality, if you right click the page, you can hit "Show Content". This will bring up fields where you can put in the lines for each button and after adding them in, the line status lines will work. Hopefully this will help someone else that will have the same issue as I did (Though that should be rarer and rarer by the day). I'll just be glad when the powers that be decide to move to VOIP and then the phones are no longer my problem haha.

Hello,

If you modified the key map itself every phone that uses that key layout will have lost their previous key layout. You could modify a phone individually to have a unique layout, but I think if the system reloaded it would revert the phone back to the standard key assignment layout. I previously mentioned Repdial keys don't have status lights, and you'd want to program the keys as line keys. The phone should have been assigned the same key layout as the one that was working as desired, then the lines assigned.

Hopefully there weren't many phones using the key layout you modified, if that's what happened. Modifying the phone so it has a unique layout should be ok as long as the system doesn't reload, but that method was typically avoided and not recommended for that reason. Noticed I said 'was'. Yes - not too many of these 9006s out there still. Even 20 years ago those DAT drives and tapes failed often. I think you'd need to use EMML (with Procomm to access) to verify the backups were successful. I don't recall if you could from LcWin.

The table for the key layout wasn't changed. I specifically changed the phone in question. We already had some 30 unique key layouts. I merely changed the layout to one where the buttons in question were line buttons and then edited the extensions that were assigned to those line buttonis.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back