Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hicom 350 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystr

Technical User
Jul 12, 2022
MA
Hello,
I have a weird issue with analog extension they lose their ringing while being totally functional... asked a coworker said it was card failure nothing we can do but I still think there is another solution to this...what do you guys think ?

Although you DISPLAY - that's fine but if FIRST YOU REG or REGEN then you can put that back in again.

Example:

DIS-SBCSU:1234;
If you change or delete something now in SBCSU you can not put it back unless you have a REG-SBCSU to re-enter.

REG-SBCSU:1234; first
then
DIS-SBCSU:1234;

@sbcsu alright man noted for future input🫡

Hello guys, sometimes I need to reset and ext number multiple times in couple of days/a week. I was thinking if there isn't better way to do it or schedule a reset periodically if possible what command for it thank you

Your software is too old for CRON / Timed commands.

To reset an extension manually
RES-DSSU:STNO,XXXX;

If an extension gives issues then it should be investigated.
A faulty PEN, Phone or cabling.

@sbcsu, when you say update you mean update ACWin? or which one of these files...
01cbcf27259f862356a207ec999bb27f_dserhz.png

Can I use both old and new one at same time ?

I don't remember saying anything about an update - what is the question again please ?

@sbcsu
9f7cd1fa4931154a1a6f26a9705f6b6f_jz7gnf.png

will this bring new/advanced commands like CRON ?

No - the Comwin is the tool you are using to program/interact with the Hicom

The telephone system hardware and software are considered out of date and would have to be changed/upgraded for you to do those commands, however there is a price to pay for that - you would then pay for licences in software for each extension and would be put into a situation where you would have to upgrade on an ongoing basis - that suits some organisations but not others.

If the ACWin is working OK then leave it work OK - without detailed knowledge it might stop working.
The files are provided as is just in case an old XP machine goes down and has to be replaced

@sbcsu so while checking I found CRON command on...
IMG20230220094404_i8gpal.jpg

Is it possible to schedule a rest periodically?...what commands do you recommend as for regenerating/refreshing data ?

Also @sbcsu
IMG20230220094804_ar1l6n.jpg
IMG20230220094814_scipxw.jpg

Before any command can be used you have to do the following:
In Comwin
Logon first
then - up top - MACRO - Retrieve System Variant
THEN you can use the Comwin Edit/MML Editor correctly
Just because that Comwin has the ability to use that command does not mean your telephone system has that command.
Your system is old !

If the Fibre to RJ45 (G703 Converter) is working correctly and your cables are terminated correctly then you shoul not need to periodically reset the system.

If you suspect an issue then you need to first find the Port Equipment Number of the Trunk
(REG-TDCSU;)

IMG20230310095319_ixxmss.jpg
IMG20230310095335_b6yaxw.jpg

Hello guys command dis:cossu:lcosv; displays what's above ... I can't read it if you guys can and explain to me would be very helpful

SBCSU/SCSU shows the LCOSV assigned to the station, usually it's using LCOSV1, it may be using LCSOV2 if you are using COS switchover, but probably not. If you find the LCOSV value in the left column and read across to the right, the Xs are the AUTH values assigned to that LCOSV, you can read the AUTH value from the top row, the values do not have to be contiguous.

If the station makes a network call, there are AUTH values in LDPLN and LDAT. The LCOSV must contain those AUTH values to be allowed to make the call. The AUTH value is explicit, it must have that value.

Example. To dial a PSTN number, LDPLN contains AUTH 4. Your station is LCOSV 11. LCOSV 11 contains AUTHs 1,2,3 and 5. It cannot dial that PSTN number. LCOSV 4, which contains AUTHs 1 and 4, would be able to dial the number.

@Moriendi thank you for the explanation it looks close to how I imagined it though I horribly lack basics...just so to make sure I understood you for the first example LCOV11: PSTN number dialed shouldn't include number 4 like 023216793 we go through the system will cut dialing once you push key4?

No that’s not correct. Nothing to do with pressing key 4. When you’ve dialled enough digits, 4K will match it to an LDPLN entry. That LDPLN has an AUTH value, as does the LDAT the LDPLN entry points to. The AUTH values must be contained with the LCOSV of the calling extn for the call to be successful.

Alright looks like I'll have to dig some more into basics thank you for your time

Maybe imagine it as a bag full of colours.
The LCOSV is the bag.
The AUTH is the colour.

LDPLN and LDAT tell you what colour (AUTH) you need to dial a number.

Inside your bag you have to have that colour.

The LDPLN and LDAT can be the same value, that’s OK. Or, if every LCOSV has at least the AUTH 1 assigned, you can make all your barring happen with the LDPLN and just leave the LDAT AUTH set to one. Then you only need to think about LDPLN.

Or maybe that doesn’t help at all :D

@Moriendi I think I understood "the big" how it does work but I preferably need to know what really LDPLN/LDAT/AUTH are and understand them first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back