Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hicom 350 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystr

Technical User
Jul 12, 2022
MA
Hello,
I have a weird issue with analog extension they lose their ringing while being totally functional... asked a coworker said it was card failure nothing we can do but I still think there is another solution to this...what do you guys think ?

What type of card is in use for the analog extensions.
Do you know if there is an RG (Ringer) card installed

IMG20230102111801_lbigbu.jpg
IMG20230102111813_spjro1.jpg

IMG20230102111848_b3tvkn.jpg

Hey sbcsu,
I don't think there is a ringer card since on the same card some extensions still have their ringing functional.

I would firstly reset the card - RES-BSSU:pEN
Test
change the card / swap the card with another slot to see if the fault follows the card

maybe check the extension if it active the fwd or dnd or some other feature make it no ring

I did reset command but no change I tried before unplugging/plugging cards but same result
Sir before I swap would it affect anything if swap it's place? Like on the system address or it can be plugged elsewhere just fine ?
Because other extensions on same card are currently in use.

@wanyin
What command to check that ?

To swap the cards just remove one using the removal tool and swap it with another card - obviously calls in progress will be disconnected on that card but you will see the led flashing if a call is in progress.
Only swap cards with the same part number

To check forwardings an easier way would be to add a code for FWDIGNOR in WABE

ADD-WABE:**000,,,FWDIGNOR,N;

Then dial the code **000 - you should get dialtone - dial the extension number and it should ring - you will override any forwardings that have been set on the phone.

Failing that you can look at ZIEL AND ACTDA for the extension to see about forwardings.

@sbcsu
Wabe was successfully added,still after I dial extension number no ringing

Can you give me further detail about what is ZIEL AND ACTDA ?

May I add quick question: name of a extension is present in the system if I check reg-persi:stn,XXXX; but doesn't show in the phone display idk why?

IMG20230106120810_e4qw63.jpg

Can you guys identify which is ringing card if there is one ? Can it be reset through a command?
Thank you a lot

The RG Card would have RGMOD written on the label - might be in another shelf and probably close to left hand side if it is there at all.

You can 'interact' with the Administration and Maintenance Orders - AMO's

REG-ZIEL:STN,FWD,XXXX;
Put in a Question mark at any time.

REG AND DIS (Short for REGENERATE and DISPLAY are OK to use)

REG-ACTDA:STN,

If no name shows up then no name is added
REG-PERSI:STN;
to get all names.

CHA-PERSI:NAME.XXXX,,"Test Phone";

If you have used the 'override forwarding' feature then there's no point in looking at ZIEL or ACTDA

Plug a known working test phone on to the MDF - Main Distribution Frame at the correct port
Ports start at zero
Test from there

What was the result after a card swap

SLMA24 does not provide its own ringing so there must be a ringing module, older hardware was the RG card but then it switched to the RGMOD, a bit bigger than a cigarette packet and gold or silver coloured. RGMOD is screwed to the backplane of the shelf.

If only one SLMA24 has this issue I don't see how it can be the ring gen. Like sbcsu says, I would swap the SLMA24 with another one, preferably from another shelf, just take them out and swap then over, downtime it just a few seconds. If the problem moves with the card, you could maybe try replacing the loadware on the HD just to flash new software onto the card, or you may need a new card. If it stays on the shelf, ie problem appears on the same PEN which is now a different card, then maybe it's the RG although I would expect all SLMA24 to be affected, or maybe there is some overload going on, which would show in hista.

You can exchange the RG with one from another shelf but the shelf must be powered off.

I am assuming here that when you call the phone - A party hears ringing, B party does not ring (no audible ringing) but if B party goes off hook, the call is connected. That is a ring gen problem.

@sbcsu
I was in inability to try swapping those couple of days will try when I can.

Regarding presence of RGMOD card I'm quiet sure there is none present but check that next Monday along with what you guys said.

@moriendi
Like you said bro not only one card has extensions linked to it with no ringing other cards have same issue.

Have a nice weekend bois

If it happens on more than one card but on just one shelf, you should investigate swapping the RGMOD. Swapping cards won’t help.

It could be a PSU issue but in the picture the PSU LED was green which usually means the outputs are within tolerance. So I would suspect RGMOD first.

Swapping cards will determine if the fault is on the card or not.
It may very well be a 'gold ringer' on the backplane - we have not reached that level of understanding yet.

At first it seemed the issue was with a single card, at least I thought so. But then above he says "other cards have same issue". So unless the same HW problem has happened on multiple cards, card fault seems unlikely.

If the other cards are on the same shelf, ring mod issue seems most likely.

If they are on different shelves, it's a conundrum.

IMG_20230112_112800_ybbg0l.jpg

Hello guys could it be that RGMOD was this one ?
I swapped the cards from different shelf but nothing changes btw
Previous picture I sent you guys has cards : TMOM, LTUCX, TM2LP no one here seems knows what they are for... Can you guys enlighten me about them ?

Thank you guys

looks like an RGMOD based on the picture in Google Image Search

Yes that’s it. You can swap with one from another shelf but turn the power off to the shelves before you swap them.

If the problem moves with the ring gen, you need a new one but you might find it difficult to get one. They are old hardware.

That's a 'Gold Ringer' - known to go faulty
Part Number:
RGMOL KENNDATENLISTE
Part Number: S30124-X5109-X-*-ZSYS

However if you have other analog extensions working/ringing then unlikey to be this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back