Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunCenturion

Programmer
Mar 4, 2002
US
A few of us in another forum decided to start a Tek-Tips fantasy football league, and in the spirit of opening up to a wider group of Tek-Tippers, I decided to post the information here.

For those interested, I've set up a Yahoo League with the standard default settings. The league ID# is 325955 and the Password is tektips. The live draft is set for Thursday August 28th. at 7:30pm CDT.

As of now, the league is using all default settings, but any setting that can be changed is open for discussion and we'll go with the consensus.

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read
FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Welllll since you're asking ;-)

In addition to adding a WR/RB flex position I am also a fan of a point per reception - really increases the value of running backs that catch passes and helps those third tier receivers do _something_ a 1 point catch for 1 yard is better than no points for a 9 yard catch...

See y'all on the virtual gridiron!

=========================
The Grassy Noles - 0-0-0
=========================

=======================================
"I am owed. I've never got paid. A dude with a pencil is worse than a cat with a machine gun" Bo Diddley R.I.P.
December 30, 1928 - June 02, 2008

So like I can pick players from Arsenal, Manchester United and Port Vale ?

Maybe Collingwood, Hawthorns, or Geelong then ?

Oban Celtic or .....

wait a minute this would be Bronco's stuff or is there any other team ..... nah.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

*comes into thread to make similar comment to ascotta*

*leaves thread quietly, mildly disappointed*

~LFCfan

Can I pick Michael Jordan? [wink]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

This is a great idea...unfortunately, I'm already in 3 other fantasy football leagues, so I will have to decline. But, I would like to throw this suggestion out to you.

Allow for fractional points...If a receiver or running back gains 48 yards, they will only net 4 points. If you change the settings to use fractional points, that player will net you 4.8 points. Those fractional points can make a big difference...last year I lost the championship game by 0.6 points!

Allow for negative points...let's say you have Peyton Manning as your QB, and your opponent has Tom Brady. Peyton goes out and throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs, while Brady throws for 300 yards, 3 TDs and 3 INTs. Without negative points, they would net the same amount of points even though Manning clearly had the better game.

Great suggestions.
Negative points are allowed by default for interceptions and lost fumbles.

These are the changes made thus far.

The third WR position was changed to WR/RB.

Two additional scoring categories
- 1 point per reception
- Return yards earned by position player

Fractional points allowed
- Rushing yards earn 0.1 points per yard
- Passing yards earn 0.1 points per yard
- Return yards earn 0.1 points per yard

Again, nothing set it stone until draft day.

--------------
Good Luck
FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Fractional football? Since it's fantasy, I guess it's just an incremental advance of play. Are TD's worth more than six points? I was a staunch Colts fan, but now it's all changed too much. FaRve is a Jet? Wow!
I'll keep rooting for whoever has the ball.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

If it's "Fantasy Football", could I have a dragon and a wizard on my team? That would be awesome. I'd definitely be more interested in football if orcs were involved.

I'm in! (is 4 too many?)

--Dan
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Welcome aboard, Dan.

--------------
Good Luck
FAQ181-2886

another change I would suggest is missed points for kickers. If they miss a PAT then they should lose a point! Those are gimmes and there should be some way for kickers to lose points!

--Dan
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Not all teams are named after animals, but this year it will be the Lions! 3-0 in post season is a good start.
Even though it's only second string players, and newbies.
So, in fantasy, who's the top QB? Kitna? You betcha!

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Over the years, Kitna has saved my bacon more often than he cooked it. I'll always have a soft spot in my head for John Kitna.

;-)

"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself." Cool Hand Luke

Any further thoughts on the negative points for kickers?

--------------
Good Luck
FAQ181-2886

Well, I don't miss them but I'm used to having them in every league I've ever been in. So if that's what everyone wants I wouldn't stand in the way.

I would, however, downgrade Sebastian Janikowski. SeaBass is a little erratic some days - but man when gets ahold of one...I think it depends on how he did in teh bar fights the night before...;-)

"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself." Cool Hand Luke

Warner or Ryan, that's the question

So, how many points is the Incredible Hulk worth?
[ponder]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

I would, however, downgrade Sebastian Janikowski. SeaBass is a little erratic some days - but man when gets ahold of one...I think it depends on how he did in teh bar fights the night before...

NO NO NO speaking as a long time Raider fan I will simply tell you, it's not the bar fight, it's the girlfriend. If she's in a good mood he will nail em all day long from 60 yards but if he forgot to put the toothpaste cap back on....look out, he'll miss half of the PATs he attempts! Grumble Grumble stupid freaking kickers!

--Dan
Mark Twain

Ohhhhhh, OK - That makes a LOT more sense. I can tell ya we loved him at FSU but them pro girlfriends can do a number on your followthrough.

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back