Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Christmas Carol lyrics quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaMufasa

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
US
When I took this Christmas Carol lyrics quiz, I thought that I had done a pretty good job. But after scoring the quiz, I only earned a 76%.

Let us know how you did.

Happy Holidays,

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

80% (3 wrong) I double-outsmarted myself on question [COLOR=white white]8[/color] and missed the absolutely obvious on question [COLOR=white white]22[/color], even though in singing the lyrics to myself I had the right answer. And finally, I simply didn't know the lyrics to "Carol of the Bells."

I did not know "Nowell" was correct.

64% - but there's a pretty strong US bias in the questions.

I got 56%. A lot of the songs I have never heard of, must be US rather than British or global.

------------------------------
An old man [tiger] who lives in the UK

quiz said:
What were the last words of Frosty the Snowman?
A. "Hold my beer and watch this."
[rofl]

I got 88% correct. Though one of my correct answers (along with the incorrect answers) was a guess.

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

A measly 63%! I did not know , just guessed at most!
Grandma got run over by a reindeer.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

I got "48% correct. Bah! You're not even trying, Ebenezer."

I attribute this to 5 years and 6 xmas holidays working in a record store in High School. Since then I flat out refuse to listen to any xmas music

--Dan
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

I got a 96%, so I guess all those years singing in the church choir occasionally pays off. But I really can't take credit for #16 -- I just guessed on that one.

Does anyone know to what song question 25 refers?

Want to ask the best questions? Read Eric S. Raymond's essay "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way". TANSTAAFL!

Sleip,

Yep, here are the lyrics for Nuttin' for Christmas. I know you haven't heard it because you've always been on my "Good Little Boys" list. <grin>

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

SantaMufasa:

Thanks. I had never heard of "Nuttin' for Christmas" before.

But the "always on the good list" thing is stretching it a bit.

Want to ask the best questions? Read Eric S. Raymond's essay "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way". TANSTAAFL!

I scored 72%. Not too bad considering I haven't sung carols in years.

80%. Not bad.

My daughter had their 8th grade Christmas Concert last week. Heard a great song (new to me), that was sung to the tune of "Jingle Bells":

I heard a reindeer hoof, then Santa dressed in red
Came crashing thru' the roof, and landed in my bed.
I thought it was a dream, but quickly did I wake,
As soon as I heard Santa yell "I want a piece of cake"

Ohhhh, Santa Claus, Santa Claus, you are much too fat.
I was sleeping peacefully but now my bed is flat.
Ohhhh, Santa Claus, Santa Claus, how much do you weigh?
I'm glad I'm not a reindeer, that has to pull your sleigh.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

80% here, too. Although it would have been worse if I were not singing some of these at work (we have an informal choir of sorts for Christmas).

Solum potestis prohibere ignes silvarum.

I missed #7.

"You got 96% correct. You know your seasonal songs! Treat yourself to an extra slice of fruitcake."

I crave fruitcake!!!

My mother knew and sang every verse of every hymn in the book, and then more. I guess it rubbed off.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a diminutive clarvoyant had disappeared from detention, headlines read...
Small Medium at Large[tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back