Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjoubert

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
US
I've heard how people can get offended at this holiday greeting. I say screw being P/C...this holiday is a celebration of the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ. Over the years it has become so commercialized and more about gifts than anything else. I'm not trying to push my religious beliefs onto anyone, and I sincerely hope you don't take it that way.

So, I'm sorry if you get offended, but I'm going to wish you all a [red]M[/red][green]E[/green][red]R[/red][green]R[/green][red]Y[/red] [green]C[/green][red]H[/red][green]R[/green][red]I[/red][green]S[/green][red]T[/red][green]M[/green][red]A[/red][green]S[/green] anyways. [santa]

The PC culture, it seems to me, leads to more intolerance, not less.

Gotta love that assistant superintendent's name (Rick Holliday). If only his first name was Hap, and his middle initial was E. . . no, no parent would name their kid that, right?

On the other hand, there really is at least one Mary Christmas out there.

The laws of irony will be strictly enforced.

-- Francis
I'd like to change the world, but I can't find the source code.

Quick update:

I traveled to Chicago for Christmas, and of course while traveling to a large city one usually goes to lots of shops, restaurants, tourist venues, etc. Not once did I hear "Happy Holidays" from any clerk/waiter/employee. Every single time I was given holiday good-wishes, it was "Merry Christmas".

I guess they didn't get the memo about the "war on Christmas".

Happy New Year everyone!

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day!

flapeyre: thanks for your "Pax Vobiscum" post because it took me back to my days as an altar server when the Mass was said in Latin. I can almost smell the incense burning.

Pretty amazing when a memory gets plucked from the deepest recesses of your brain, makes me wonder what else is tucked-away in there.

I know the spelling is wrong but the moment I saw "Pax Vobiscum" my immediate response was "Et cum spiri tu tu oh".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back