Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VOIP Calls go straight to VM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2005
US
I need the assistance of the experts so I am coming here first. I am reliving a subject with Call Pilot, BCM, and VOIP... Several months ago I postes that my internal calls to a remote site were ringing right to vm, I turned off VM and the turned it back on that cleared the problem for a month or so, now its back...Calling internal to one remote site sends all calls to VM but calling external and getting transfered is working fine. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Yes from any site calling the one remote site its going straight to their VM.

Did you check the Target lines, if there wrong it will go to vmail.

Hi Maverick

Can you give us some more info?

Things like how are you networking the sites, number range for the site with the problem,when you say you ring externally have you a DDI range or just a main number?

Marshall

I have checked target lines even compared the BCM to another running in the exact configuration, but to no avail. Still the calls ring once then go to VM the user has no chance to pick up the call.

Can you confirm in the call pilot that you have not set the VM to pick up lines 1-60.

Have you got a prime dn on line 1-60 that is the VM?

Is DRT enabled on the system?

Are you using CDP or UDP or none?

Marshall

Sure I am using H.323 Trunks for the VOIP. Not using any IP sets. Using 7316E's with Target lines. Letting my network and the BCM do all the work. I have a target line set up for each phone with the extention listed as the recieved number. the extention is the control set and all are set to use VM CFNA. When I refered to external, I meant if you call in on the main number and get transfered its not going straight to VM which tells me its something in the VOIP setup or a quirk...

Have you checked the lines 1-60 on the call pilot to be make sure AA is not enabled on any of them.

What is the prime DN for lines 1-8

What is the extension range on the site with the problems. Is it all extensions

What is the VM extension on this site.

How have you networked the sites

Example

Are the extension ranges for each site 4 digit

2100 USA
2200 UK
2300 Japan
2400 Germany
2500 Italy

Or have you got an access code then a loc code etc.

OK, here goes, Prime set is the control set on the VOIP lines
No AA is set for 1-60
it is system wide all extentions experience the same thing
I have all my dial plans set different this site is 2251-2270 checked and rechecked that one.

I have heard that using 3.0 networked with the OPT11 and 3.6 could be problemmatic BUT, this even happens from a 3.0 to a 3.0..

Again I appriciate all the help on this one.

here we go again, this is happening again, can anyone shed some light as to why a direct dial set would not ring and go straight to VM, this is intermittent, I did have 3.0 on this then upgraded to 3.6 thinking that it would help and hasnt, anything at this point will help.

make sure the remote access package you are using has the voip pool

This is still an issue, I have followed and checked the things you all have suggested and yet it still goes right to VM anymore suggestions?

What release software is your BCM on? I saw references to both 3.0 and 3.6, but couldn't tell which software the culprit system is running.

Do the failed calls originate from the Option 11, other BCM's or both?

Pardon me if this info was already covered - I glanced over the replies a couple times but may have missed some info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back