Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity plates 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjoubert

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
US
I was driving behind a Honda this morning with a very clever vanity plate. It had the letters LI, followed by the cent symbol, then finished with PL8.

Have you seen any creative vanity plates lately?

Okay, that makes a little more sense. Noetheless, it's a clever pun. I still wonder if he also has an expensive boat (and some Dramamine aboard, just in case).

Da mihi sis crustum Etruscum cum omnibus in eo.

mike said:
Seen on the way into work this morning:

F1 LOVER

Geek that I am, I'm still trying to figure out if there's an alternate translation than "Help Lover."

I'm guessing they are a fan of Formula 1 racing. However, they could just really need the help files a lot too :)

--Dan
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Today coming in to work I saw these two:

STNGFVR: On a new Mustang. It could be 'Stang Forever or 'Stang Fever.

LVMYMA: I'm glad he loves his mother.

I never noticed license plates much until this thread was started. I hope that doesn't mean that I'm driving inattentively.

[rockband]

Get off the cell phone so you can pay more attention to vanity plates!

;-)

< M!ke >
[small]Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?[/small]

I wish I could abbreviate "GET OFF YOUR D*MN CELL PHONE AND DRIVE!" on a license plate.

Yeah, but you'd have to have it on your front bumper and reversed so it could be read in the ID10T's rear-view mirror...

And that's asking a lot given the [small]lack of [/small]intelligence of all those OTHER drivers!

< M!ke >
[small]Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?[/small]

> STNGFVR

Perhaps Sting gets 'em hot under the collar.

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

My neighbor, Steve Valentine, is a physician. His plates read:

"DRFEB14"

[smile]

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

I would love to see someone so clueless that they would have "ID10T" on a plate!
Plate on a Harley- TBFO "The Bitch Fell Off"

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

On an Audi S6: FAR2FAST

Not too far from my house is a mercedes convertible that has the delightful vanity plate of LISA BJ. Always makes me wonder - are those her initials or is it a form of advertising?
I see a similar one every day: FIDO BJ. Makes me wonder.

Saw 'FRNL DIR' on a license plate on my way to Fry's today.. he must have been asking for death too, he was weaving in and out of traffic, driving like a real d-bag...

I fear that FRNL DIR is going to need some explaining to me. =(

@rjoubert
With regards to telling people to get off their cell phones and drive, I think the plate in my very first reply to your first post adequetly covers that. [2thumbsup]

~
Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

funeral director

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

I saw this one on a Toyota Camry

GR8CR8R

Religious tone or about Toyota?

I will admit I am now looking at license plates more closely than before this thread...but as a keen observer of pattern I usually bore my co-passengers with creating an anagram or a word phrase from a nearby license plate anyway.

Here's one I completely forgot about, in my family no less:

HAM-DOT

...anyone want to venture a guess to its meaning?

Tony

Users helping Users...

I have found myself looking at license plates many a time. It is nice to have a place to share them.
In to work this morning saw a new one.

TEX GUY

~
Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

HAM-DOT...isn't that a nickname for Markham, Ontario?

rjoubert said:
HAM-DOT...isn't that a nickname for Markham, Ontario?

Possibly...if I knew how to do the "Spoiler" hidden answer that only appears when highlighted I would do so...maybe someone can clue me in as to how that's done.

It's not very interesting, really. It's on my wife's parents' land yacht...his name is Hamilton (HAM), her name is Dorothy (DOT). I'm sure the fertile imaginations in this forum could have come up with lots of better meanings than the true one, especially with the DOT...dot com, dot NET, etc.

Tony

Users helping Users...

I was going to (jokingly) guess that they sold pigs on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back