Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity Plates III 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjoubert

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
US
New vanity plate sightings have been sporadic, but just in case, here's a new thread for it.

I'll start with my last post from Vanity Plates II...

I saw a couple of new ones yesterday on the way home...

AMP CARE - Possible meanings...runs sound for Church, cares for amputees, or maybe this person's a roadie?

YIA YIA - I had no idea Howard Dean had moved to Indy.

GS: Yes. Insomnia dr. would be a good guess, too. The thing about me is that I was driving us to the allergist at the time. I didn't make the connection.

Doh!

On a new gray Mustang with black racing stripes:
[tab]MIDLIF-1

At least he's honest with himself.

[tt][blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

On a Nissan Murano...
LUCKE ME - I guess the correct spelling was already taken.

Today on a white Mercedes on I40 in North Carolina:
[tab]ESQUARED

But it was definitely not Erik driving.

We took a short roadtrip this weekend to shop at an outlet mall. I saw a handful of new plates, but I can only recall 3 of them.

WHO DEY 3 - "Who Dey" is the rallying cry of the Cincinnati Bengals...but this was on an Illinois license plate.

GUNS 1

BO SEGA - I thought perhaps this was some dude named "Bo" who enjoyed old-school console gaming. But as I drove past this car, I saw it was an elderly man. When exactly did Sega come out?

Well, the Sega Genesis is pretty old. [wink]

I mean, when it came out, I was in Junior High, I think, and I don't have any hair anymore! [conehead]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

I saw this one on the way home yesterday...
AA WRKS - It took a second or two for me to get this one. I'm not sure if this person actually went through AA, and is seriously touting it's success; or if the person is being forced to advertise the program; or if this person never even went through the program and is just trying to be funny.

In the UK, people are more likely to interpret AA as 'Automobile Association' than as 'Alcoholics Anonymous' (the latter of which, I assume, is your interpretation).

Yes, I was interpreting AA as "Alcoholics Anonymous." Our Automobile Association is called AAA (Triple A).

Not everyone in AA (the one for drunks) insists on maintaining their anonymity. Most folks introduce themselves by first name only (or even an alias), but not everyone. Some use their full name.

I was at a meeting the other week where a woman wore a T-shirt that had "[red]Alcoholics Anonymous[/red]" across the front. I thought that was pretty funny.

However, at today's meeting everyong kept last names private.

BTW - did I mention that I'm a recovering alcoholic and an AA in good standing? AA really does work.

GS

[small][navy]**********************^*********************
I always know where people are going to sit. I'm chairvoyant.[/navy][/small]

I saw a handi-capped plate that said "GIMPY1"
Got pics of it too

Saw PAMPRRD
This was in the middle of a blizzard, on a car who wasn't really in my lane, or the lane next to mine, so much as both lanes at the same time, and going far slower than the rest of traffic, but that is another story entirely .. even though I just told most of it.

~
“Your request is not unlike your lower intestine: stinky, and loaded with danger.” — Ace Ventura.

I saw this one on a minivan over the weekend...
MI3SUNS

On I-40 last night:
[tab]MCSQUEEB
This was on a red Miata running at about 90 MPH (145 KPH) with the top down. It was about 35° F (1.7° C) outside at the time.

Anyone have any idea what that might mean?

Also on I-40, yesterday afternoon:
[tab]CRUMUJN
curmudgeon

MCSQUEEB? Are you sure it didn't say MCDWEEB? [bigsmile]

rjoubert, what a hilarious take on that one! [ROFL2]

--

Saw SPARTEN in somebody's driveway as we drove passed this weekend.

~
“Your request is not unlike your lower intestine: stinky, and loaded with danger.” — Ace Ventura.

Saw LEADFT1 on the back of a van. Then saw the advertising on the side of the van.... LEADFOOT EXPRESS

I saw this one on a mazda RX-8

A RX8

More like A WASTE OF $$

(For the tag not the car)

==>... LEADFT1...
I wonder how many times they've been pulled over by a traffic officer.
[ponder]

[rofl]

--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back