Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity Plates III 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjoubert

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
US
New vanity plate sightings have been sporadic, but just in case, here's a new thread for it.

I'll start with my last post from Vanity Plates II...

I saw a couple of new ones yesterday on the way home...

AMP CARE - Possible meanings...runs sound for Church, cares for amputees, or maybe this person's a roadie?

YIA YIA - I had no idea Howard Dean had moved to Indy.

On a new red Mustang GT: LASTDANC.

Couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman driving. I mean I looked, and I still couldn't tell. While sitting still, right next to them, at a stop light. Seriously.

GS

[small][navy]**********************^*********************
I always know where people are going to sit. I'm chairvoyant.[/navy][/small]

On the back of an Avalanche: SF1-GRP

On the right side of the tailgate was a Special Forces bumper sticker. Seems clear the plate was Special Forces Group or some variation thereof.

But that's not why I'm posting. On the left side of the tailgate was an American Flag sticker that was upside down.

What might that mean? It didn't seem to fit in.

GS

GS...

[URL unfurl="true" said:
http://www.ushistory.org/BETSY/flagetiq.html[/URL]]The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

I guess this guy was trying to make a statement about the shape that our country is in.

I saw this one on the drive home yesterday...
GOD 4GVS

I saw this one on a minivan over the weekend...
TWIN

Saw a couple over the weekend

LILMEXY

GD2BALIV

Saw this yesterday on a Mazda Miata.

PAPRJAM

Maybe a Printer/Copier service rep?

Last night on an SUV:

VNITYPL8

[tt][blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

HEMA
Maybe a local organization along the lines of FEMA?
I did not take the time to look it up. It was a small generic car.

~
“Your request is not unlike your lower intestine: stinky, and loaded with danger.” — Ace Ventura.

I saw FRMRJON on a pickup truck as I was driving to St Paul, MN from WI.

Saw CDVRWGN on a station wagon (an estate?). The best we could come up with was "Cadaver Wagon". Any other ideas anyone?

I just saw this one on a Jeep Wrangler this morning...
GIDY YUP

TNT CYA
Must like playing with explosives.

~
“Your request is not unlike your lower intestine: stinky, and loaded with danger.” — Ace Ventura.

CDVRWGN - I don't know about that one. Cadaver wagon is pretty gruesome. Unless it's used by a funeral home, of course.

If it was CVRDWGN, it could be covered wagon.

Maybe the "[blue]CD 5 are waggin'[/blue]..." ??

GS

ETA B4U
What seems to be oddly appropriate on a large truck. Since they more often than not love flying down the freeway here.

~

In Florida we have Space Shuttle Challenger commemorative plates - I saw one this weekend that read: IGNITN

3...2...1...IGNITION! I thought it was pretty cool.

=======================================
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself." Cool Hand Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back