Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity Plates III 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjoubert

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
US
New vanity plate sightings have been sporadic, but just in case, here's a new thread for it.

I'll start with my last post from Vanity Plates II...

I saw a couple of new ones yesterday on the way home...

AMP CARE - Possible meanings...runs sound for Church, cares for amputees, or maybe this person's a roadie?

YIA YIA - I had no idea Howard Dean had moved to Indy.

IH82W8

I Hate to Wait

Seen in long "Fast" food drive thru line

Opieo - I know there's a rapper called Lil Mama. Maybe that's what it was referring to.

Geraint

The lights are on but nobody's home, my elevator doesn't go to the top. I'm not playing with a full deck, I've lost my marbles. Barenaked Ladies - Crazy

Little League?

Phil H.
Some Bank
-----------
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Saw one over the holiday, JAI MA. Pronounced "Hi Ma?"

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

sleipnir214 said:
What I saw was just a regular license plate but I'll post it here anyway.

It was a plate from Washington, D.C. The "state name" part near the two upper screw holes read, of course, "Washington D.C.". The field listed the license plate number.

But the text in the motto area, at the bottom of the plate near the bottom screw holes read, "Taxation Without Representation".
As Turkbear pointed out, the residents of Washington, D.C. do not have a vote in congress. When in office, Bill Clinton had this license plate on the Presidential limo.

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

On a Sprinter van
LEZR0LL

And on a Camry
CAM 4ME

~
“Your request is not unlike your lower intestine: stinky, and loaded with danger.” — Ace Ventura.

This morning I saw BOTMAN although he was not driving his Botmobile.

~
“Your request is not unlike your lower intestine: stinky, and loaded with danger.” — Ace Ventura.

On a midsized SUV:
[tab]KAB4K9S
I didn't see any dogs in it, though

[tt][blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

When our children were growing up, our license on our 18-seat Dodge Maxivan:

Maxivan License said:
We bought that vehicle to hold all 8 of us, plus a friend for each of the kids, plus luggage and ski equipment...Worked Great!

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

I saw this one on a large SUV parked at Costco today...
DR TMJ - Those are either the doctor's initials, or this vehicle belongs to a doctor who specializes in treating Temporomandibular Joint Disorder.

rjoubert,

What would be cool is if were a doctor specializing in TMJ with the initials TMJ.

If you define cool as loosely as I do, that is.

DRLOCKJAW woulda been too many characters...

GS

[small][navy]*****************^*****************[/navy][/small]
[red]I think of the word processor as the pen's e-quill.[/red]

No real idea of what it was meant to mean, but
LAUCH00

~

I saw this one recently in the parking lot of an allergist.

SNZDOC

The first thing I thought of was two of Snow White's dwarfs but my more intelligent better half picked up that it was for the allergist.

It was on an Escalade.

[gorgeous] <--- better half.

tcsbiz: my first thought when I read SNZDOC (which my eyes were drawn to before I read anything else you wrote) was SNOOZE DOCTOR. I figured he treated imsomnia!

GS

[small][navy]*****************^*****************[/navy][/small]
[red]I think of the word processor as the pen's e-quill.[/red]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back