Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unintentionally Funny Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KornGeek

Programmer
Aug 1, 2002
US
I saw a sign yesterday that I found quite funny, but it clearly was not intended how I read it. (If I go back, I'll try to get a picture of it.)

sign said:
SKATEBOARDING
BICYCLES
ROLLERBLADING
PROHIBITED
ON SIDEWALK​

Now, personally, I feel that bicycles who learn how to ride skateboards should be allowed to rollerblade anywhere they please. But that's just me.

Have you seen any unintentionally funny signs?

Yes! I love signs like that where they just didn't think it through. There are a lot of strip malls near here that put up only one word for each business in the strip. Since they are next to each other, they're easy to read together. I get a blast out of some of the new businesses that get created. Some that I've seen...

[pre]
TATTOO CLEANERS
PSYCHIC MASSAGE
[/pre]
One more fitting your post, in my neighborhood, one parent puts up these yellow signs in the street when the kids are playing. It says "Slow Children Playing". I tell my wife, "I think they prefer to be called 'Special'". I crack up every time.

Slow-Children-Playing-Sign-K-5195.gif

Begining May 14 we will be closing the stairways between the platform and Market St. as part of the Market Street Access Improvement Project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back