Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R6 trial...any news anyone? - part 2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonymousP

Programmer
Dec 23, 2009
RO
Here we can continue our conversation!
(It is VERY difficult to scroll using Symbian's web software or using an iPhone browser!)

Help me to help you! Helping each other makes us stronger, smarter!

Just remember guys that you get 3 x IP Endpoints per VCM channel. So a VCM32 gives you 96 IP endpoint licenses which you don't have to buy.

When you upgrade yes but you need an upgrade license too!

When new then you have 32 VCM channels but Amriddle is right that if you need 100 extensions, you need 100 ip device licenses.

ACS IP Office or is it ACSS :)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Bummer. I was working off the 1000 ext upgrade I've just done. Can't believe how much money they saved on free licenses!

TheSmash, plus it's only the 4 free VCM channels that carry across so 4x3 = 12 free/inclusive IP sets not 96 :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Plus any other licenced channels obviously :)

Yeah, just for licencing the IP sets on 1000 user scn you are going to be looking at £30,000 and that's passing on dicounts/cutting profits :)

Ouch. Funny thing is I'm sitting at a site with 150 analogue sets and they have 96 IP endpoints for free. Where's the justice...

Is anybody having trouble upgrading VM Pro to the #GA release. mine will not have it.

Keeps throwing errors

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

I just did the upgrade and it works for me.
I was running 6.0.12

Forgot to add, it runs on a server 2008.

No, mine went straight through to 6.0.22 :)

Hey Avaya !! - Have you been monitoring this thread? Any feedback from the High-Glass-Tower? Or has the man behind the curtain fallen asleep?

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

Server 2k8 R2 64 bit here. It was stopping on one of the ENU adpcm files. I modified the install using the relavent setup files and took out the US, and now it gets the same error on one of the EN prompts!!

This was upgrading from Beta 2

Waiting on feedback from NPI. might have to uninstall and reinstall from scratch.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

I've done 3 x 6.0.22 and not had an issue with any of them.

They were all Server 2k3 though...

Can anyone tell me if you sell a R4 Dect solution with release 6 do you require an IP license for each dect handset as well please?

Thanks,
Marshall

mrmarshall, have a look here;

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

mrmarshall, I'll save you some time, if before R6 you got a benefit from something that you hadn't paid for in R6 it's either gone or licenced and if you thought something was well priced it has probably gone up :)

I have a question to you guys. Here's the situation: "Standard to Pro licensed Avaya IPO R5.0, running licensed VMP with 4 additional ports, VCM 32 card, with 12 VCM channels, 10 SIP trunk licenses, 2 additional Digital channels (E1R2 license), IVR license and Contact Store License." If I wish to move to Avaya Release 6, will I still need to pay for a license? Or will it come free as I install the new release?

Yes you do need a license to upgrade!
Only the new IP500V2 will not need a license for 6.0
The standard to professional it not working anymore on 5.0 and should be removed from the system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back