Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC DT 700 series to Standard SIP 11

Javier Sagredo

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2019
CL
Hi everyone,

I need to use my all NEC DT700 series phones in a SIP Call Manager.

How can I conect them? Our DT700 phones are not working as well. It seems that is the firmware version (Nec SIP implementation is not a SIP standard implementation

With Regards, Javier Sagredo

Hmm -- I'm stuck on the "DHCP Complete" stage using the SIP firmware on my DT730. I really don't know how to proceed here.

Hi, I can maybe help you by sharing my config files for the DT700. You just put those on a tftp server, rename some file to your own mac address and edit your own sip server/cerdentials in one of the files and then make your phone connect to it.
But this forum doesn't allow any dm or pm. If you drop your email address I can share a link.

Hi Belevedere, could you give me the Standard SIP for a DT700 ITL-6DE-IP (BK) / ILE (6D)Z (BK) phone please?
I need to flash it from NEC Sip to make it works with a Fritz-Box.
Thanks a lot

Alessandro - Italy

Hi gjstroom,

That would be awesome. Can you shoot them to noparking247@gmail.com ?

Cheers!

Good evening.

Would you mind sending me a link to a standard SIP firmware for my DT700(DT730)?
Thank you for your kindness.

shunitou@gmail.com

Thanks Belevedere! But I'm in the hole of "DHCP Complete" club....
I click "OK" and phone resets... Gjstroom, could you send me the file too ?
Cabajo1969@Hotmail.com

Thanks

Good monring,

Thank-you belevedere and gjstroom. Without your help, I would still be pounding my head against the wall.

I was able to successfully convert my DT730 to SIP F/W to "NEC Std SIP 2.3.109.4" and use it to make both inbound and outbound calls using VoIP.ms. Tested -- works well. I still need to finesse the configuration (and documentation is sparse, so trial and error FTW) -- but it does work.

The biggest gotchas I encountered are:
1. Once flashed, the phone is exceedingly dumb. No web interface or simple configuration -- config, ringtones, updates, etc. --- everything needed is pushed out through a TFTP server on boot. You _need_ them all -- without it, the phone will sit and do nothing, as I learned the hard way

2. Unless you specify the DHCP option for the aforementioned TFTP server you will end up in a boot loop. I suspect my issue was the NEC phone was seeing my actual production phones TFTP server option and trying to use that -- which was causing my failures -- which leads perfectly into #3

3. There is a section under "ADMIN" you can go into and specify the source of the configuration. By default, it is set to DHCP. To work around my issue, I needed to change this to "Static" and manually tell it the IP address of the appropriate server

I hope this helps someone in the future.

Cheers

Hello, I'm trying to upgrade a DT730DG 12 button phone from NEC 3C to Standard SIP for use in Asia. The firmware file I have is itlisipv.tgz. I'm using IP Phone Manager and Pumpkin. When I try to upgrade, the file it's looking for is itlissipv.tgz. An extra s. So I just changed the name and it downloaded to the Phone however always ends up saying Download Failed.

Are the firmware files itlisipv.tgz and itlissipg.tgz two different files?

Or is it another problem where I can see Pumpkin uploading the entire file, but still says Download Failed.

Also I've tried to use the phone to download but in the Maintenance Settings, there is no menu for Download Server...

Any ideas what could be the issue preventing the firmware upgrade?

Thanks.

Add your e-mail and I can forward the files I've been passed on.

Friends,

Could anyone please send me a link to a standard SIP firmware for my DT700

Thanks a lot!

My email address flavio.angelo@live.com

A link the the IP Phone Manager software was posted up above -- about half way.

@np247, would you be able to help me with DT730 firmware files for standard sip (the phones used in Asia) per above post?

I'm stuck on why the phone won't accept the download. Wondering whether there are different firmwares titled itlisipv.tgz and itlissipg.tgz...

@Prashant Patel - I know very little about the NEC world -- I was just stubborn enough that I had to see it through (with the help of this community).

From what I recall, the extra "s" is for the generic SIP firmware. The other is the NEC-SIP firmware.

Without going into too much detail as to why -- the first DT730 I did, I didn't actually even end up using "IP Phone Manager" -- I just setup a TFTP server with the appropriate files in the root and did the upgrade from the phone itself.

... It gave errors after the fact (which I realized were unrelated to the aforementioned; rather missing a config server), and I ended up reflashing using "IP Phone Manager" -- same end result.

I mention this because if your phone is being a PITA w/ "IP Phone Manager" -- try setting up a TFTP server, and flashing the generic SIP firmware that way.

I assume you were graciously donated the appropriate files from the greats @belevedere and/or @gjstroom ?

Edit: Also, there are a bunch of different firmware files with similar naming conventions. The extra "s" is for generic SIP, but the tailing lenders are version dependent -- one will be for a DT730, one will be for a DTXYZ, etc. -- do not flash the wrong firmware (IP Phone Manager figured out which one to use by itself -- which is the only reason I knew which one to use -- if you're stuck enough, I can reflash a phone on record it on YouTube or something if you think that will help)

Hi. Please send me firmware for standard sip dt700 a.alexandrov@inova.kz

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back