Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC DT 700 series to Standard SIP 11

Javier Sagredo

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2019
CL
Hi everyone,

I need to use my all NEC DT700 series phones in a SIP Call Manager.

How can I conect them? Our DT700 phones are not working as well. It seems that is the firmware version (Nec SIP implementation is not a SIP standard implementation

With Regards, Javier Sagredo

Hello belevedere,
do you have the DT<MAC address>.cfg for DT700 series?, want to use them on CUCM registration.
can you help me in this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Belevedere

I have successfully flashed my DT 710 ip phone with the STD SIP firmware you sent me using TFTP and IP phone manager.
However i am unable to access it via the gui. I am able to ping it though.

IP_phone_dt710_k1vspu.jpg

The standard SIP firmware does not have a web gui.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Hi DoubleDriveLine.
If the std sip firmware does not have a web gui, how do i access it?

Menu button on the phone.

Username ADMIN
password 6633222

When you connect these phones to NEC 3C product you use DHCP options to define settings. The rest of the settings are controlled by the 3C system its self. The only ports open on the phone are 81 (does not respond to a browser), 5060 and 5061.

Hi DoubleDriveLine,

This is a DT710 without a display. there is no menu button.

Hello, belevedere
Could you please send me the standard SIP firmware for NEC DT700((ILE(6D)Z-(BK)))

Thanks a lot!

@Jackcmann

As an NEC tech I would first say scrap the NEC phone for use on any none NEC phone system. Really their Standard SIP implementation works well for the NEC 3C but is not a leader for any other system. To be fair it is not made for that purpose. In your case since you don't have a display I have no idea how to get a config into it. I tried pushing a config to a DT820 phone but it fails and never hits my FTP server (this method I use all the time for regular NEC SIP). I tried to backup the phone and again fail with no evidence it actually tried to upload to my server.

I don't see the answer and can't spend any more time looking for it.

abdelrahman mahmoud
I agree with DoubleDriveLine, however if you still want to try it, I will need an email address to send it via dropbox. The files are too large to attach here.

Hi jlb2020

Did you find a solution for your issue
I'm trying this phone with Cisco CUCM
I'm facing the same problem. the screen says DHCP Complete. the phone never registers and wireshark not showing any outgoing register messages to the CUCM

Thanks
Hany

@ Belevedere,

Please could you mail me the NEC sip firmware for the DT710 as i need to put it back to nec sip from std sip.
technical@gsmsolutions.co.za

Hi, can I get the latest STD SIP software for the DT700 ?
Thanks !

Hi,
After new firmware (STD SIP 02.03.109.04) flashed into the ITL-6DE-1TEL, and configuring SIP Line 1, Register Server IP, and SIP Port, I don't see any SIP REGISTER event coming from DT700. Is it normal? It is something as described by @jlb2020 and @Tecnimar, SIP phone doesn't do anything else after showing DHCP Complete message on the display.
Any solution for this ?

Above problem solved by configuring the phone by tftp config. I don't understand why a firmware update causes the phone to not start the SIP part after DHCP Complete.
Downgrading to the previous firmware has the samne result and also factory reset doesn't help.

Good morning,

Can someone please e-mail me the standard SIP firmware for the DT700 and DT800 series?

I have found myself with a collection of a bunch of now useless phones I'd like to revive rather than tossing in the trash.

My e-mail is removed@gmail.com -- thank-you!

Hi, belevedere!
Would you please send me a link to a standard SIP firmware for my DT700 .
Thanks a lot!
my email address alexis.nikou@cloudu.gr

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back