Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC DT 700 series to Standard SIP 11

Javier Sagredo

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2019
CL
Hi everyone,

I need to use my all NEC DT700 series phones in a SIP Call Manager.

How can I conect them? Our DT700 phones are not working as well. It seems that is the firmware version (Nec SIP implementation is not a SIP standard implementation

With Regards, Javier Sagredo

Thanks in advance to Belevedere
for his efforts to help us.

I need STD SIP Firmware for DT820.
and also NEC SIP Firmware.

Would you please help me?
My email
adel.nooh@yahoo.com

Question
Can i return to the old NEC sip fw after flashing the new firmware ?
Because i read a post that after first flash, there is no way to make another flash.

I am trying to convert two phone types to STD SIP: DT730 ITL-12D-1 and DT830 ITZ-8LD-3.
The DT730 GUI shows Hardware Ver 9.1.3.3, Firmware Ver 5.0.1.0; the DT830 shows Hardware Ver 9.1.6.1, Firmware Ver 5.1.2.0.

IP Phone Manager 8.9.1 doesn't detect either of these.

I have also tried connecting the DT730 using TFTP from phone or pushes from Pumpkin server, but get failures.
Pushes from the server:
[06/03/24 15:26:11] Sending 'itlissipv.tgz' to '192.168.1.188'
[06/03/24 15:26:11] UDP packet receive failed
[06/03/24 15:26:21] UDP packet receive failed
[06/03/24 15:26:31] UDP packet receive failed
[06/03/24 15:26:41] Transmission of 'itlissipv.tgz' is timed out​

Pulls from the phone I get an Access violation, even when the I have added the subnet on the Access list.

I haven't bothered attempting TFTP from the DT 830, as I don't have a similar "itz....tgz" file -. What file should I use for that?

Thanks in advance for any ideas as to what is going on.

Ignore what I posted yesterday - I corrected a comedy of yesterday's errors and have now successfully used pumpkin to download firmware to the DT730. I am now in the mode of the tftp server back up with the config files to attempt to actually make a connection to a sip server.

Oh - and while I could finally connect to the phones using IP Phone Manager and execute other commands, I couldn't seem to get the sip firmware to the phone using that tool.

And I don't seem to have any like an itzissip**.tgz file for using on the DT830. Is that what I need for the standard sip for that phone?

for the itysip files, you have to rename them. For example ityssipec.tgz, would be itysipec.tgz.

Once you've done that, the phone will find the firmware.

You can look up the correct filenames in ipphonemanager.
2024-06-06_15h54_30_sq3wha.png

Thanks for the tip @inteltweaker, I would not have thought of that on my own. But the issue still remains in that the NEC SIP firmware is shown for the DT830, but there is no corresponding selection for the STD SIP.

@Beleverdere has indicated elsewhere that he does not have the itzissip files. Do you have a source for this?

Thanks!

Thank you Belevedere for the files.

I able to send Standard SIP fw to DT820 Successfuly.

But when i try to send NEC SIP fw to the same phone, it finish download the file (ityXXpex.tgz) then phone give me error message "THIS FW IS NOT ALLOWED".
I tried to rename many files to the one he download without progress, Always gives me the error message.

If any one can give me a help i will be gratefull.

ANY ONE FACE THIS PROBLEM

Still cant return to NEC FW
Any help????

I able to send Standard SIP fw to DT820 Successfuly.

But when i try to send NEC SIP fw to the same phone, it finish download the file (ityXXpex.tgz) then phone give me error message "THIS FW IS NOT ALLOWED".
I tried to rename many files to the one he download without progress, Always gives me the error message.

If any one can give me a help i will be gratefull.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back