Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC DT 700 series to Standard SIP 11

Javier Sagredo

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2019
CL
Hi everyone,

I need to use my all NEC DT700 series phones in a SIP Call Manager.

How can I conect them? Our DT700 phones are not working as well. It seems that is the firmware version (Nec SIP implementation is not a SIP standard implementation

With Regards, Javier Sagredo

Any chance to get the STD-SIP FW for the new/current DT900 series? I use the Economy model.
Edit: Thank you so much!

hi belevedere
can you send to me please;
damha.fara@gmail.com
thx

Hi, belevedere!
Can you send me DT700 and DT730 STD-SIP firmware, please?
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Thank you.

Is it still possible to get a copy of this firmware?

Thanks

jlb2020

miteshrathod85
Please delete your post after retrieving the files.

Does anyone know the process for updating the phones with this firmware? The file is a zip file, not a tgz file. Is it a simple matter of renaming it to one of these 3 matching names and following the instructions?

Though those instructions call for using IP Phone Manager - which I cannot seem to find anywhere online.

Just curious if anyone else has been able to successfully update their phones with this firmware and how they did it?

Thanks

Unzip the files, then use a tftp program like pumpkin. That is how it was done before NEC created the phone manager program.

First off, thank you for the firmware. I wanted to post my steps in case anyone else is a little confused on how to flash the phone. I've also run into a problem though which I go into at the end.

I ran pumpkin on my computer. it listens on udp 69. i disabled my firewall just to make sure it wasn't in the way.

I browsed to the web interface on the phone, went into Maintenance Settings, Download Menu, Download Files, Boot & Program.

Changed the protocol to TFTP. Put in the ip address of my computer. Left Folder blank.

The filename got me at first. In the browser it was looking for itlisipv.tgz and would error out with file not found. The file in the zipped firmware is named itlissipv.tgz, an extra S in there.

Once I changed the filename in the browser to itlissipv.tgz it downloaded. The phone rebooted and starts up like normal. Initializing... Starting... then a new screen that says Waiting for LLDP... then after a bit another new screen that says DHCP Complete.

At this point I can ping the phone but there is no web gui.

The only option on the phone itself is an Exit button. Pressing it reboots the phone.

I tried hold, transfer, *, # but it doesn't bring up a login. The screen lights up but doesn't go anywhere.

So then I noticed the menu button on the phone for the first time ever. I press it and a menu comes up. I go into admin settings, sip settings, line 1.

I put in 106 as the account name, i skip the display name for now, for Registar I put in the ip address of my FreePBX server and 5060 as the port. As I exit the menus it asks to save and reboot which I do.

But the phone never registers with FreePBX. I've double checked the settings and the ip address and port are correct. Other phones and soft phones are working fine.

I even tried to put the FreePBX server in the outbound proxy settings but it still will not register with FreePBX.

FreePBX can ping the phone. Not sure what else to try.

Any suggestions?

Look for an email for access. Delete your post afterward.
I suggest contacting Free PBX support.

Hi, belevedere,
I have a DT700 phone with firmware 3.1.35.3. I bought the phone off eBay. I think it must have been used with the 3C system. I'm looking for the firmware to change it v 5.0.5.0 or similar to match my other present phones.

Could you assist? email is prash.my@gmail.com

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back