Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEC DT 700 series to Standard SIP 11

Javier Sagredo

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2019
CL
Hi everyone,

I need to use my all NEC DT700 series phones in a SIP Call Manager.

How can I conect them? Our DT700 phones are not working as well. It seems that is the firmware version (Nec SIP implementation is not a SIP standard implementation

With Regards, Javier Sagredo

Hi, belevedere!
Would you please send me SIP firmware for DT700 .
Big thanks!
my email address:
nikita.zapasny@gmail.com

Thanks!!!
Can I have another request? I can't find the IPPhoneManager anywhere.
Maybe you can help me?

Could you please provide me of the std sip firmware for NEC DT820 (8LCGX)

Thanks!!

Could you please provide me of the nec sip firmware for NEC DT730
Thank

I have the exact same problem.

Any sugestions?

jlb2020 (IS/IT--Management)
27 Feb 21 17:04
First off, thank you for the firmware. I wanted to post my steps in case anyone else is a little confused on how to flash the phone. I've also run into a problem though which I go into at the end.

I ran pumpkin on my computer. it listens on udp 69. i disabled my firewall just to make sure it wasn't in the way.

I browsed to the web interface on the phone, went into Maintenance Settings, Download Menu, Download Files, Boot & Program.

Changed the protocol to TFTP. Put in the ip address of my computer. Left Folder blank.

The filename got me at first. In the browser it was looking for itlisipv.tgz and would error out with file not found. The file in the zipped firmware is named itlissipv.tgz, an extra S in there.

Once I changed the filename in the browser to itlissipv.tgz it downloaded. The phone rebooted and starts up like normal. Initializing... Starting... then a new screen that says Waiting for LLDP... then after a bit another new screen that says DHCP Complete.

At this point I can ping the phone but there is no web gui.

The only option on the phone itself is an Exit button. Pressing it reboots the phone.

I tried hold, transfer, *, # but it doesn't bring up a login. The screen lights up but doesn't go anywhere.

So then I noticed the menu button on the phone for the first time ever. I press it and a menu comes up. I go into admin settings, sip settings, line 1.

I put in 106 as the account name, i skip the display name for now, for Registar I put in the ip address of my FreePBX server and 5060 as the port. As I exit the menus it asks to save and reboot which I do.

But the phone never registers with FreePBX. I've double checked the settings and the ip address and port are correct. Other phones and soft phones are working fine.

I even tried to put the FreePBX server in the outbound proxy settings but it still will not register with FreePBX.

FreePBX can ping the phone. Not sure what else to try.

Any suggestions?

@Inteltweaker - I posted about this exact thing over on thread 1818269 - entitled "NEC DT730 NEC-SIP to SIP - Download Signature Failed"

TLDR - You need a TFTP server and a bunch of files/configs.

I had mine registered with my local VoIP provider and VoIP.ms -- it worked, but I never got the config proper.

@np247

Ive got everything sorted out, got my ftp server running, config files are stored an pushed automaticly to my phones.
once you configure the sip file correctly, everything works like a charm. I use them in a 3cx environment.

The files that you need to open and edit are dt-000000000000-sip.cfg and dt-00000000000.cfg file.
After this you need to change all 00000000000000 values in the filenames for 6 config files to your phones mac address.
The 7th file is dt-user-local.cfg, for this file you have to replace "user" to your phone's mac address.
put the files in the root of your (T)FTP server. DONE. I use FTP beceause the phones i use DT830 factory setting is FTP. (if something happens i do not have to manually set them to TFTP for them to find the server where the config files are stored. Now they factory boot and find the server automaticly, i do not have to touch the phone.)

By the way, the standard Login and password for your FTP connection are, Login: NECSDT700 and Pass: NECSdt700
This is for the DT700/DT730 and DT820, probably more models too.
I had to search a while for this one.

@Inteltweaker

Thank-you for the update. I had mine configured as well, and had it working -- but it wasn't elegant as I could never get the config file perfected -- a great example was button configs/ring tones -- something was always just "off" about it.

Any chance you can post your entire root directory, so I could borrow your configs?

(And also any documentation as to how you prettied up said config would be appreciated)

noparking247@gmail.com

Sorry, all I have is the conversion files. Maybe someone else here can help with that.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back