Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCD 8 MXe lobby ringdown phone issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
I have an MCD 8 MXe at a local Justice Center/Sheriff office that has been in place about ten months.

A lobby wall phone ringdowns to Sheriff dispatch when the receiver is lifted. If the person in the lobby hangs up 1st, there is no issue, but if the dispatcher hangs up 1st, they receive a single ring every time whenever the lobby phone is placed back on the cradle first.

At first I thought it was a phone issue and I replaced the original 5312 with a 5304, thinking it was the hookswitch bouncing when the receiver is hanging up. I thought that it fixed it, but apparently it didn't, as the trouble persists.

Is there a setting for sensitivity, or some off-hook detect timer that might help this?

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Call Pilot
Avaya IP Office
Mitel 3300 Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint, MiCollab, MBG

My first thought was hookswitch bounce as well.

If the dispatcher hangs up first I would expect the system to send dialtone to the Ringdown phone. This might simply start the process all over again.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

OK...the lobby phone (3260) is hotlined to the dispatch ring group (3220) which rings the three dispatch sets. I have the lobby phone built as a DSS key (ring) on each of the dispatch phones...is there a scenario you see that might break this potential cycle?

Thanks, Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

Avaya IP Office

I don't understand the setup

What is the purpose of the DSS key?

To add the lobby phone as a key on the dispatch sets in case they saw someone in the lobby after hours on the monitor and wanted to call them on the lobby phone.

Avaya IP Office

Hotline to a speedcall

Speedcall has PXXXX where XXXX is your ring group

P is pause before dialing as defined in system options - default 3 seconds

If that doesn't work, add another pause

There is something deep in my memory that is saying that the system is sending that ring to let the ringdown receiving phone know that the other end has cleared.....but I might be imagining it.....

Thanks for the info and tips...I'll try the speedcall

jim

Avaya IP Office

Delayed hotline will do the same except its 5 seconds wait.

Good to know also...thanks boy!

Jim

Avaya IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back