Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 500 v2 - T1 Trunking

4thright

Systems Engineer
Mar 15, 2024
US
I have an Avaya IP office that I am trying to install a 24-channel voice T1 (robbed-bit/CAS).

The T1 card is installed and synched up with the T1, but I can't get calls in or out.

I have no admin experience with Avaya; I have Webmanager access and the manual it links to, and I've gone through what I know to look for but must be missing something/doing it wrong!

I've added the DID we are testing to incoming call route, but nothing is happening... Can someone point me in the right direction?

Screenshot.png

I can't tell you how to do it in WebManager but by default PRI channels are disabled and need to be enabled in the line definition. And be sure you only enable the number of channels you are licensed for. By default that is eight channels and can be licensed to the full 24.

You have to make sure you set the trunk type to T1 and not PRI. then you want to make sure you have the correct expected digits and the channels set properly.

If its true T1-PRI (rather than through a SIP converter) then check with the provider that they have brought their end into service.

It is SIP based (not sure if there are any pure TDM T1s anywhere these days), but I have visibility into the carrier-side and can see the calls being sent.

The circuit works when plugged into an NEC SV8100 but I need to test with the IP Office also.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back