Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 406 Office V2 DS Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewcraig

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2006
US
I new to this so bear with me, I am setting up IP 406 ds with Line appearance on three buttons, and I have them working as far as incoming calls but I can not get dial tone from them to make out going calls as well as the appearance buttons. I can not make any out going calls with the 4 port pots analog lines. Any Ideas what I am missing.
Craig

make sure your line id in your short codes to dial out are the same as the line id out number of your analog lines.

dizzy

Do you have a 9 in the prefix field for each line?

Kyle Holladay
Certified: ACACN, ACSCI, ACSCM, TIA-CTP
"If it worked the way it should you wouldn't need me

Thanks for all your help. Both line ID and 9 prefix made it work. I do have one more question, is there a way when I have the 4 lines show on buttons as line appearance, can you tell it not to rotate the calls to the next appearance line. For example if I try to make a out bound call using 9 xxx-1111 it will go to line one then if I try again the same call and even if line 1 is available it will drop to line 2 and use that one. Does that make since?

The IPO always uses a circular pattern to access outside lines in the same outgoing group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back