Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Handle Anagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

UniqueFD

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2005
GB
I thought this might be a bit of fun. Does anyone recognise this one?

IN A CONJUNCTION

Tony

some more:

a) NUN HACKING MEN
b) RANTS GOD
c) WIN MY DOG
Code:
[COLOR=white]a) KenCunningham
b) tsdragon
c) GwydionM[/color]

when I stuffed my name, not my handle, into the anagram generator a while back I came up with three that just delighted me...

Slackly Hanrin - makes me think of some sort of a shady character in a dime-store detective novel

Krishna Allnyc - neat to think Krishna is hidden in my name

Carnally Knish - meat AND potato kinda guy

~Thadeus

BTW, while my diet is for the birds, it's not quite that bad UniqueFD [parrot]

Rambler
Good idea, posting the solutions. I was just working on your a) anagram - excellent!!

Here are my solutions - anyone who doesn't want them, look away now...
Code:
[COLOR=white]
1) BAN LEG = AngelB
2) L.A.N. ENQUIRY, H? = HarleyQuinn;
3) ENUF QUID = UniqueFD
4) UNREAL 2D BOG = bluedragon2
5) RAFT FEAT = aftertaf
6) GAGS NUT = sggaunt
7) SING A HIGH'R NOTE = anotherhiggins
8) PLUS ALE = lespaul
9) IF READ = edfair
10) CAST OAT = ascotta
11) HAD SUET = Thadeus[/color]

Tony

Can't wait to see what someone comes up with for my handle...

Cos I can't find any...

[cry]

Cheers,
Dave

Probably the only Test Analyst on Tek-Tips

animadverto vos in Abyssus!

Take a look at Forum1393 & sign up if you'd like

I didn't think anyone could come up with one for mine either, but TheRambler did it! And I love what he came up with too!

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

I quite like "anarchy bleeps sorrily".

Dan

[tt]D'ya think I got where I am today because I dress like Peter Pan here?[/tt]
[banghead]

==> In a Conjuncture
I resemble that remark. :)

DPlank - This is not really a stretch.
Code:
[white]Lastly stank pedant[/white]

Good Luck
--------------
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Nice one, CajunCenturion! :-D
Code:
[COLOR=white]dplank - test analyst[/color]

[blue]An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. - "Mahatma" Mohandas K. Gandhi[/blue]

Thadeus,

I prefer these (of your name):

CLANK IN RASHLY

CALL ANY SHRINK

[wink]

Tony

A FLAMBOYANT TONSIL IN ROX

Rgds, Geoff

Well, he's kind of had it in for DPlank ever since he accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog" with "son."

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Speaking on behalf of everyone else (without their permission, mind you) has this become a private club? Are there dues and secret handshakes? Do I need to know someone?

Tim

[blue]_____________________________________________________
If you need immediate assistance, please raise your hand.
If you are outside of Raleigh, raise your hand and say
[/blue] [red]Ooh! Ooh![/red]

Boo me! In a mood again... can we red-flag ourselves?

Doofus

Tim, are you feeling left out somehow? Harley got a good one for your handle: HI SENILE CAT

It's Friday and it sounds like you need a drink or seven. I'd ask you to join me after work, but you're not that close to Richmond.

Tracy Dryden

SilentAiche - Yes you can RF yourself, but it might be easier if you just let me know what you want done without submitting the RF to site management.

Good Luck
--------------
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

All:

Yeah, maybe I am feeling a little left out. BTW- I REALLY liked "Hi Senile Cat". That was clever, Harley.

Okay, so I must have missed a memo or something. I realize that I'm somewhat new, but I've still logged in 330+ times. So I'm not totally new to town.

I guess what threw me was that there seems to be both a community (which I'm basically addicted to) and an "internal" community, to which I'm a stranger. "World Wide Web" verses "Itty Bitty City." (forgive the sarcasm- keep reading).

For example,
CajunCenturion said:
it might be easier if you just let me know what you want done

(no offense, CC, but HOW? I truly believe you want to help set everything right, if in fact it were ever amiss, but how? I've seen so many "member-to-member" references that I've lost count. Am I the only one not getting this?

This reminds me of other confusing TT posts (e.g., "I asked the forum owner's permission to do this or that..."). I'm sorry, but I suspect I represent most of the million-plus Tek-Tips members who don't know how to contact a forum owner.

Or, in the instance at hand, know the poster's name (which has, say, 12 letters) and is anagrammed into a couple of clever answers involving 18 letters. Hmm, wonder if the poster knew the Handle's real name, which might be a bit of an advantage, and which might make everyone else feel a bit left out.

I do understand that in a community like this, some members are going to know each other. Especially IT professionals like yourselves. I guess my complaint (?) would be this - how are the rest of us to respond?

Tim

(Tracy - no town's too far for a drink, especially drink Number Eight... find a bar in that so-called "Fan" of your's)... (er, to non-Virginians, Richmond has a somewhat famous area known as "the Fan").

SilentAiche - Making an Impression is a member moderated forum run by CajunCenturion. He has full management rights over it and can edit or delete posts as he wishes.

John

SilentAiche Check out All About Us faq1256-5837 for many of this forums "frequent flyers".

If you want to know who the forum owner/moderator is or want him/her to contact you, you could simply post a request in the forum. If you want to contact site management, use the Contact us at top-right corner of any page.

[cheers] & all the best.

Tim: I've been to bars in the Fan a couple of times. Since I'm actually in Hopewell, a sub-suburb about 25 miles south of Richmond, I don't get up there very often. Usually I just go down to the Legion post - the beer there is cold, and only $1.65 a bottle (and they even carry Guiness for a little more).

[change of topic]

The only real way to get to know this motley crowd is to just jump right in. Your quick wit with a pun has already made you a welcome addition to the family (as least to me).

Tracy Dryden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back