Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group VM login using button 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmisclvlv

Vendor
Oct 4, 2022
US
I'm trying to set up a button for a user so they can easily log into their group voice mailbox without first having to press star 17 then entering the group mailbox number then.

I tried using a series of dial features, for delay to send the DTMF for example

DIAL
*17,, 7100,1234

That's one example I usually will get to the point where it will ask for the mailbox number but then the rest of the DTMF will not push the group mailbox number and password.

I thought it would be easy like setting up an external speed dial button that would pause using commas and then send account numbers or login DTMF but it's not working internally this is embedded voicemail.

Any suggestions?

If a User is a member of a group then all you have to do is add HXXX (where XXX is the group extension number)to their Source Number. After doing that when they press the voicemail button on their phone the group mailbox will show up as a line item under their personal mailbox.

Yes thank you, I use that all the time for picking up voicemail messages however all that lets the user do is listen to their voicemail messages but it doesn't have the other options such as greeting send messages turn on and off voicemail to email etc.

Is there something I'm missing in programming? Thanks

you want to set up a shortcode of:

Code:*100 (or whatever code is free)
Feature:Voicemail collect
Telephone Number:"?huntgroupname"

the rest can be default.

Then set up a button to dial that shortcode.

if they have the Hxxx source number it will dial the code and skip the pin, and give you access to the extra mailbox features you want.

APSS/ACIS/ACSS-SME
not arrogant, just succinct.

Try a button, action is Advanced > Voicemail > Voicemail Collect, and put the Hunt Group extension number in the Action Data.
It is supposed to give you one touch access to the mailbox (via Visual Voicemail) and light up when there are messages waiting.
I have had it work hit and miss in the past, sometimes a phone with buttons for 2 different groups, only one of the buttons will behave with the light.

Code:*100 (or whatever code is free)
Feature:Voicemail collect
Telephone Number:"?huntgroupname"

Still ask for the password.

_________

Advanced > Voicemail > Voicemail Collect, and put the Hunt Group extension number in the Action Data.

Works correctly. Logs in all the way through to the hunt group voicemail extension number

Try this,
Short code **XXXX
Feature Voicemail Collect
Telephone Number "?"N

Button set to dial with action **71007100#1234#31 The 31 is only if you want them to get straight to recording the greeting. This is on Intuity Mode Embedded voicemail, not sure if it works on IP Office Mode.

-----------------------------------

4771494_orig.jpg

Business Phone Systems in Canada

ACSS,AIPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back