Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event monitoring options in Ayava IP office 406 V2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

prims7

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2024
US
My office has Avaya IP office phone system with IP406 V2 control unit. Are there any events in Alarms or SNMP MIB to monitor when caller ID is missing for incoming calls or when incoming calls are getting blocked for some reason ?

It's 3.2.54. I know it's ancient, thinking to update firmware to 5.0.26 but I have licensed voicemail Pro version 3.2.28. I think I need to update that too. I don't know what's the compatible voicemail Pro version to it. Not sure if my license still works or not in the updated version of voicemail Pro.

Whilst back at 3.2 the configuration options included system alarms (email and or SNMP), they were limited pretty much to hardware connection issues, restarts and license problems. There was no System Status Application (SSA), but there was System Monitor.

The main question would be why do you think (after the system has been in the field for at least 15 years) calls are getting blocked. Your incoming call routes should include a default that doesn't care about lack of caller ID, so the only issue would be does the destination user or group have sufficient capacity to handle the number of such calls. Or if calls overflow to voicemail, does that have enough licences to cope. Sadly without SSA you can't see if any count of system resource limits being reached.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

You need Voicemail Pro 5.0(30) according to TB131. It was only much later that you needed a licence to upgrade the voicemail.

SNMP events seem to be limited to

· Generic:
Events such as soft reboot (warm start), hard reboot (cold start), links up/down (transition in the status of a PPP or
frame relay interface) or SNMP community mismatch.
· Entity:
Failures, errors and changes of state in IP Office modules and trunk interfaces. Note: Does not include WAN3,
Modem2 and ATM4.
· Licence:
Changes of state in the communication with the Feature Key Server.
· Phone Change:
Changes to the type of DS or IP phone connected to a port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back