Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage Remote Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

twlcolorado

Vendor
May 1, 2007
US
I have a somewhat complicated scenario on a new install that isn't working.

Customer's main number rings to a VDN for a vector.

Option 1 transfer the call to a hunt group, with both coverage path and night service set up. There are no members in the hunt group.

The night service number is a VDN that calls an outside number, and that part works perfectly.

The coverage path for the hunt group rings a coverage answer group as point 1, another coverage answer group as point 2, and a coverage remote that references the same outside number as the VDN mentioned before.

The call routes perfectly until it gets to the coverage remove point. where a trace makes it look like it is going to call the outside line, but it never even seizes a trunk.

I also tried changing the 3rd point to the same VDN that the night services uses, but that also fails.

Any ideas?

Do you get a denial message or somethign in the trace? Use instead of the remote coverage the same VDN in your coverage path which is workign for your outside call, does this work. TO use a VDN in the coverage you need to use v<VDN>.

I did try using the VDN. It didn't work.

I did a list trace tac so I could see the entire call. No denial message.

When using the coverage remote I see is accessing the route, it shows the first 7 numbers of the 11 digit number, never accesses a trunk and caller keeps hearing ringing.

When I use the VDN the trace shows it hitting the VDN, accessing the number, then for some reason it references the hunt group extension again, goes to the last step of the original vector and drops the call.

If you are using a vector for this, dont send to a coverage remote, do " route-to number (all the digits you would use to dial the number from a extension, of the number you want to route the call to). with cov y, if unconditionally

The call has left the vector and is in a coverage path. Point 1 is one call answer group, point 2 is another call answer group, point 3 they want the call transferred out to that number.

I have another vector that just does the transfer out, and that is what is in the hunt group as the night destination. That works fine. When I program that vdn as the 3rd point instead of the coverage remote, it also fails.

Do you have several locations with different trunks? Does the cov-r go out over the right trunk?

I suspect the problem based on your statement "...it shows the first 7 numbers of the 11 digit number..." rather in the correct allocation of the trunk.
In a similar case with one of my own, the cov-r always went out over the trunk in Germany instead of the trunk in the USA. A quick workaround was to create a new extension (not a virtual one) and assign the location fix to it.

Obviously it is of eminent relevance, that I this, what you celeprate, not optimally effective assume, since the integrate of you in the communicative system as code related terms with me no explosive associations in mental-empirical reproduction process of the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back