Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Server 9.1 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntoineVella

Vendor
Nov 30, 2012
MT
Good Morning

We have recently upgraded our Application server from 9.0 to 9.1 using the bootable CD and selecting upgrade.

Upgrade worked but Application server showed a message that there is no IP on the interface altough cable was connected. We temporary solved it by using the " Default IP" command.

We managed to get to the page but the usual password is not working and neighter the default password Administrator Administrator is working and we cannot get in the Application server.

Any ideas how we can get into it or how we can reset the password please?

Thanks

Antoine

Does the IPOffice have non default login credentials?
Yes, then try those.
9.1 has anew option where these credentials are used for all these applications like VMPro and One-X Portal and thus also the apps server.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hi tlpeter

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Tried that already and no luck. I tried the username and password with admin rights that we use to configure the PABX but still I am getting an error 'Incorrect user name or password'.

Also a small note the old password is working to log int he application server itself from the GUI console.

Thanks
Antoine

Then from the GUI you can select an option to sync these passwords.
This will do as i already suggested.

BAZINGA!

I have a GUI for the linux and then I enter an AVAYA cli program where the only options I have is to reset the linux password (not the avaya password) - to logout, to exit and to go to admin rights but there the admin password is being requested which I have problem with

That should be Administrator for both the username and password.

BAZINGA!

thats not working as I already tried it. Is there a way to reset it?

Thanks

I don't know to be honest.
Can't you change this from the GUI?

BAZINGA!

the centos gui only offers you a CLI terminal to manage the avaya services

I would make a backup of VMPro and One-X Portal and do a reinstall.

BAZINGA!

I think peter is referring to the Web admin page when he says GUI

Be aware this may have moved to port 7071

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I have the exact same situation. I upgraded our Linux App Server running 9.0.5 to 9.1 and it didn't keep the ip address info. I corrected it using linux command line but you can't access the GUI for the app server at all. No credentials work. The admin account works from the console though. Is there any way to fix this using Linux command line or Avaya CLI tools?

I was a little sceptic because I had to upgrade our Application Server tonight but everything worked fine. I did it by using the ISO upload option in WebManagement and had to restart server through webcontrol when it was finished. Took a long time to build SELinux but no problem at all...

OK, I finally have this Avaya crap figured out. For the situation above that AntoineVella has, open Manager, click on File > Advanced > Reset Security Settings (default). Choose the LINUX APP SERVER and continue with the rest of the prompts.

Once complete, you do not need to reboot. Open browser and go to You can login with Administrator and Administrator. After login, you will be forced to change all of the passwords for the app server. Change them and you should be good to go.

Best of luck...

Thanks for your help... I have re-installed our server as needed it urgently. But thanks for the post as will find it handy in the future.

Thanks

I had the same problem and the fix solved it.
Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back