Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

z46xxupgrade.scr TFTP server

Status
Not open for further replies.

codermonkey

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2007
PL
Hi All,

Running IPO406v2, installed the Avaya tFTP server because I have a stack (around 15) IP phones. Got the VCM. Now I'm setting up the IP phones.

TFTP server: TFTPserver2000 v3.61 from Avaya (Walusoft)

Problem:
The tFTP server keeps on looking for Z46XXupgrade.scr instead of Z46XXupgrade.scr. So as a work around I renamed the 46XXupgrade.scr to Z46XXupgrade.scr.
Same story with 46XXsettings.txt, same workaround.

BUT now, its asking for a file called Z

Any ideas what file Z is?

Thanks

I'm going out of my mind trying to figure this out. Any ideas out there?
It appears to me that the phones, are trying to download the wrong script. Is there anywhere I can change this?

Help!!!!!

Just a few things to check:

1. Under system tab in the IP Office control unit configuration, do you have the ip address entered of the TFTP server?

2. Did you create a folder and name it TFTP on your C: drive?

3. Copy your manager files over to the TFTP folder.

4. Open your tftp server and go to System,setup, outbound file path and put this in C:\TFTP and check the Enable paths box.
5. Leave the tftp server open (on) at all times.Just minus it but leave running.
6. Plug in the ip phone and when it starts to boot up and you see * to program, press the * and program a static ip address press # and continue to program phone.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"
"The lack of money is the root of all evil" [machinegun] [flip]

I've seen that when passing TFTP across some HP ProCurve switches. It was a configuration in the switch itself that needed to be changed.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"If it worked the way it should you wouldn't need me

Are you sure that that your TFTP directory in the TFTP server configuration file doesn't have a Z appended to it

i.e.

C:\tftproot\ipoffice\z

instead of

c:\tftproot\ipoffice\

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

TheDoz: I've tried everything you suggested. The first 2 files were ok: 46xxupgrade.scr and 46xxsettings.txt are grabbed fine. BUT then it looks for \
No file name, just \

Kholladay : I bypassed all switches and plugged directly into the IPO, no joy, same problem.

MattKnight: I've tried all variations, no joy.

I have a few more questions.
Did you create ip extensions?
Did you rename the .scr files back to what they were?
Did you copy all the files in manager to the TFTP folder?
What ver. is your ip Office?

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"

Did you create ip extensions?
No, because I can't get the phones to get the config. Although I must admit, I did not consider that the phones might be ready for extenstions.

Did you rename the .scr files back to what they were?
Let the .scr file in its original state 46xxupgrade.scr

Did you copy all the files in manager to the TFTP folder?
Tried multiple things:
-copying from the manager folder
-downloading new version
-pointing to the manager folder
What ver. is your ip Office?
4.1 (9)

That's the first thing I do is create ip extensions. Setting up ip phones should not be very hard to do.
Double check all your settings and make sure you give the ip phone time to load it's applications and boot up.
You may have to reboot the TFTP server and the ip office if programming looks good.
In other words i'm about to run out of suggestions.
I hope you get it working.

Tried that. Just to make sure I'm not doing anything silly:
1) In IP Office Manager, right click on Extension
2) New -> VOIP extention
3) The Extension ID is already set to 8002, Base Extension is blank
4) Enter a Base extension (8002)
5) Click on the VOIP tab, enter IP address of phone. MAC address section is grayed out, all 00's

Save and restart.

Extension shows up in Manager, but phone display is still blank.,

Base extension should be the user's extension that you set up for that ip extension. Create a User and give it an extension number then in the Base Extension field put the extension number in. 8002 is not the extension number for a User but a ID.

dont know if you have done this....but what i like to do to the IP Phone if its used, is do the "mute reset" command just to reset the phone and then reprogram it with the right ip addresses and then it can grab a fresh load of the files you need?????

just a suggestion.

hope you get it to work

Have you tried a different TFTP server?

You could even try manager for testing...

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Tried many different TFTP options, from the CF card to seperate servers.

Bottom line: The IP phones are grabbing the 46xxupgrade and 46xxsettings files, but then are looing for another file. Error: File not found.
Result: Phone display blank.

I tired adding the extentions and users manually, nothing. The phones are still dead. I tried DHCP and Static IPs.

HELP!!

Export the config and default the ipoffice
Import the config and try again

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

been there done that. I've even wiped the system, and started from scratch. Still no luck.

Did you disconnect the ipoffice from the network so it is only your pc on it ?

BOOM! I agree with tlpeter!
Default the IPO and import the config.
If all else fails, rebuild the config.

Are the IP sets new or refurb? Just wondering?

Lord

Oh boy! Still not working.
Pulled the system away from the network.
All I have running is the IPO406v2 ver 4.2 (I upgraded)
the IP phone is plugged directly onto the IPO, the PC running the manager is also plugged into the IPO.
IPO is doing DHCP.
Still the same problem. The IP phone pulls the first file, then says File not found.

Any ideas?

Did you replace the files already ?
Using a downloaded 46xxsettings file (and scr file) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back