Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

z46xxupgrade.scr TFTP server

Status
Not open for further replies.

codermonkey

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2007
PL
Hi All,

Running IPO406v2, installed the Avaya tFTP server because I have a stack (around 15) IP phones. Got the VCM. Now I'm setting up the IP phones.

TFTP server: TFTPserver2000 v3.61 from Avaya (Walusoft)

Problem:
The tFTP server keeps on looking for Z46XXupgrade.scr instead of Z46XXupgrade.scr. So as a work around I renamed the 46XXupgrade.scr to Z46XXupgrade.scr.
Same story with 46XXsettings.txt, same workaround.

BUT now, its asking for a file called Z

Any ideas what file Z is?

Thanks

I have/had a weird scenario also. A very small site (15 users), using the ASDL router as their DHCP server. So I used the new 4.2 feature for DHCP phones for IP Phones only.

Worked a dream - plugged phones in and just made sure that range was different to the ASDL router. The only thing that didn't work was a 5621 - all 5610s worked fine, but the 5621 would just do a rolling reboot - was using the embedded messaging card as fileserver, and all 5610s upgraded no problem. On the embedded card, I wasn't entirely sure what files were needed, so pretty much copied over any file, and also checked with the xxsettings and upgrade files what files were needed to check. In the end, I used my laptop for that 1 phone as the fileserver and statically set the phone up.

Any ideas what happened there! The phone literally would just reboot and not give any clues to what file it was looking for.

Yep, I tried 4 different sets of downloaded files. Even tried older versions, just in case.

The last thing I tried was the DHCP on the 406. Still thesame problem.

Its weird, because these are new phones, straight out of avaya boxes.

Basically, it looks to me like the upgrade is not finishing. The phones are looking for something else.

ok. Brand new install. IPOv2 4.2 not connected to anything.
The IP phones on Static IP, just to make sure its grabbing the correct TFTP.
PROBLEM: After grabbing the settings file, the phones still display: TFTP Error, File not found.
The file the phones are are looking for does not have a name.

I changed the settings file, to include a get command to grab a bin file. Same result. It grabs the bin file, but then gives me the same error, file not found.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back