Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Your favourate Spoonerisms? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairlessupportmonkey

IS-IT--Management
Aug 26, 2009
NZ
Mine are a little crass - but that just reflects my stupid sense of humour - but lets hear some from the more enlightened amongst us.

Blame Radio 4 for my new found interest in this subject. Its actually an interesting test for dyslexia. People with the condition cant move the first two letters from the two words around in their heads, but can say it when seen it written.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Does Lysdexia count?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Yes

and

Yes.

[2thumbsup]

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
“People may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

Dyslexics of the world UNTIE!

Back on the corny joke front, there's another long joke, something about a lion between two villages. Since they couldn't go directly from village to village, they had to take a very long circuitous route through some dangerous mountains. Finally they got a plane with a machine gun, went up and shot the lion from the air, allowing them to go directly from village to village. And of course everyone knows, the shortest distance between two points is a strafed lion.

Not a spoonerism. Possibly a sporkerism.

[bigsmile]

Related to Samebone's joke and spoonerisms.

Short version of joke regarding an home remedy to rid a horse of pesky birds by placing yeast in the mane.

Nest is nest, and yeast is yeast, and never the mane shall tweet.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

==> Nest is nest, and yeast is yeast, and never the mane shall tweet.
I don't know if that still holds. The social media are becoming more and more pervasive.

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read
FAQ181-2886
Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. - Plato

My favourite has to be "Why - you are such a shining wit!'

I once narrated a pantomime whilst in the sixth-form at school in entire spoonerisms.

It was the story or Rindacella and her gairy fodmother. And the sugly isters.

Fee

"The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

HA! Awesome! I'll be using "Shining Wit!" I know quite a few. It'll be fun insulting them in my mind while they hear a compliment.

[bigsmile]

Spooner himself (I am told) used to refer to the royalty as "The Queer Old Dean".

One of our favorite things to do at the Renaissance festival is go to see Terry Foy... the "Tory Steller".

Of course, listening to Shilliam Wakespear's "Jomeo and Ruliet", a tagic trail of two lovestruck mooners is one of our favorites.

He tells the entire play entirely in spoonerisms. One of my favorite parts is "What soft butt breaks wind by yonder moon"

Of course, Jomeo is a stashing dud; a beenage toy... he was yansome and hung!

;)

For obvious reasons, he doesn't do the following stories:
Midsummer Night's Dream (Puck the Fairy)
Robin Hood (Friar Tuck)
Treasure Island (Fighting Buckaneers... sounds like the Tyson/Holyfield fight... hehe)

More information at:
Definitely worth the listen. :)

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back