Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wmpdxm.dll trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlyn88

Technical User
Jan 21, 2007
US
cannot access contol panel or most other functions including downloading ie 6. get error message "explorer has caused an error in wmpdxm.dll explorer will now close.
if i try to overwrite me using explorer it does not give clean install option.

Did you by any chance upgrade to Windows Media PLayer 9?

If so, try this:
1) Select Start > Run on your system
2) Type "regsvr32.exe msdxm.ocx" and hit Enter
3) You should see a message saying that "DLLRegisterServer in msdxm.ocx succeeded".

OK Start by right clicking on Start and go to Explorer then on the left side look for system Hit it once on the right side Look for wmpdxm.dll when you find it your going to rename it by Right clicking your mouse on it go to rename it when high lighted use the arrow key on your keyborad right side lower right the right arrow key only hit it ones. then but a 2 there (this it will look like Wmpdxm.dll2 OK this part is done. ok go back my computer and click it again a new error will come up. do the same thing again - go to start right click it to Explorer to system and look for the new error ( on my computer this was it msdxm.ocx and rename it. It will look like this msdxm.ocx2 then it ALL FIX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back